• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cingular Wireless brings you "Escape-A-Date"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have a blind date where all your hopes and dreams for the perfect match came crashing down at your feet? We've all been there at one time or another. The dilemma for most "dates gone bad" is you have no choice but to endure the situation until you can find an opportunity to call it a night.

Cingular Wireless has taken its Voice Connect service where no other wireless carrier has dared to tread with "Escape-a-Date," one of several new options that are part of the company's Voice Connect line of information services.

"Escape-A-Date" is the perfect service to use when you are afraid that your blind date may not be just right for you. This new service allows you to schedule a "rescue" phone call at a pre-set time. That way, you'll be called at the time you specify. The service tells you exactly what to say to set the tone for a speedy escape. There are eight randomly generated humorous scripts.

Here's an example:

Hey, this is your escape-a-date call. If you're looking for an excuse, I
got it. Just repeat after me, and you'll be on your way!

"Not again! Why does that always happen to you? ... Alright, I'll be
right there." Now tell 'em that your roommate got locked out, and you
have to go let them in. Good luck!

With "Escape-A-Date," you'll never be at a loss if you need a timely rescue.

More exciting Voice Connect features over here.

I mean, really.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL... and what if the other person has it as well and knows all the lines.... that would be funny

dater #1 "Not again! Why does that always happen to you? ... Alright, I'll be
right there."

dater#2 " Oh let me guess .....your roomate left without her key again"

Dater #1- Cingulowned

Malleymal said:
LOL... and what if the other person has it as well and knows all the lines.... that would be funny

right there."

Dater #1- Cingulowned

Wait, who is owned? Dater 1 who just got called on it, only causing an awkard situation, or dater 2, who is bad enough that dater 1 wants to leave?

I think the best thing to happen is if both of them set their calls to the same time.

You know the fun thing to do, if you worked for Cingular, would be to throw in some really off the wall messages, like "Now say, 'OH MY GOD MY CUSTARD!' And run! NOW!"

NEW CONTEST: What would be the best Escape-A-Date message? I turn it over to the highly creative folks of the OT!

Willco

Hollywood Square
DATER ONE: "I AM SKELETOR!"

DATER TWO: "... WHA?"

DATER ONE: "RIDE THE SNAKE GOTTA GO SORRY!"

I actually used to get my friends to give me a call an hour and a half after my date was scheduled to start. Thankfully I never needed their help in the end.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Malleymal said:

right there."

Dater #1- Cingulowned

lmao

Sorry, I am gonna have to cut this off. That was my wife, I have to go pick up the kids from soccer practice. I really had fun though, good bye.

Loki

Count of Concision
Malleymal said:

right there."

Dater #1- Cingulowned

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom