• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of Heroes: DVD Edition Forthcoming

BuddyC

Posted by ole' Scott Kurtz over at pvponline.com.
I am excited to announce that PvP is teaming up with NC Soft and City of Heroes for some cross promotion fun.

This holiday season, NC soft will be releasing a Special DVD edition of City of Heroes. This new collectors edition will contain some extra goodies including a 16 page PVP MINI COMIC!

That's right! When some poor shlep buys a copy of COH, they're going to get a crappy PvP comic shoved in their box.

There are other goodies that are going to be included in this special edition, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you guys about that. It's not PvP stuff, but it might still be a secret.

NC Soft tells me that those of you who ALREADY own COH aren't out of luck. All the extra goodies will be available for purchase seperately from the game for existing subscribers.

If you dont own COH yet. Hang on tight and wait for the Special DVD edition. Then log on and SLAM EVIL!

cover_final.gif

Note: that's the cover for the included comic, not the box.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
That's kinda neat, cool to see some webcomic loving.

for some reason NCSoft decided to send me a COH comic book a few months ago and I don't even own the game.

IJoel

They should consider adding depth to the game instead of bothering with this stuff.

It does have a very good battle system though.

he won't tell you the goodies but I will...it's not very secret you can find them on the CoH.com boards.

- Exclusive comic (if it's a COH comic feel lucky they can't get them to people who are supposed to get them to save thier lives)
- Stateman Hero Clicks figure
- A special power like the one you got from pre-ordering doesn't do crap but looks cool. Actually now with capes and arua like effects it probally won't look cool.
- the game and both updates on one DVD
- preview of the book

thats all a remeber.....oh and I lied the board only goes back a month so the info on the DVD pack ins is far gone. but gamestop has the detials on the pre-order page.

Bog

Junior Ace
When I was playing COH, they'd send me those comics in the mail. They went directly to the trash.

Top Bottom