• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization VII Releases February 11th, 2025 | Coming to Nintendo Switch

Draugoth

Gold Member
GVbmWImX0AAcxiP

Standard: $69.99 on PS5 / Xbox ($59.99 on Nintendo Switch Deluxe: $99.99 on PS5 / Xbox ($89.99 on Nintendo Switch)​

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Time is so weird. Civ VI still feels “new” in my mind but it came out 8 years ago. So I guess we’re due for a new entry, but I can’t get too excited for it. I still feel like I’ve barely touched the last one.
I've put over 4 thousand hours into Civ VI, it most certainly no longer feels new to me. Civ 7 has been my most anticipated game for like the last 5 years.

ThisIsMyDog

I hope this is just a side project and not the entire scope of Civ 7 being cut down to run on the Switch. That would be one of the most idiotic decisions ever.

King Dazzar

Hope it doesnt go through the bumpy road of bugs and instability late game with consoles this time. And hopefully the UI is tamed from VI. Some of the UI font on VI is massive on console.

Played them all since the first. But for me some of the magic has gone. Hope its a breath of fresh air this time around.

StereoVsn

Hope it doesnt go through the bumpy road of bugs and instability late game with consoles this time. And hopefully the UI is tamed from VI. Some of the UI font on VI is massive on console.

Played them all since the first. But for me some of the magic has gone. Hope its a breath of fresh air this time around.
I still think Civ IV was the best Civ game. Neither V nor VI did much for me. I am on the Grand Strategy bandwagon more than 4x anyways.

I hope this is just a side project and not the entire scope of Civ 7 being cut down to run on the Switch. That would be one of the most idiotic decisions ever.

If anything, they’ll cut content/features from the Switch version if they really need to. At minimum it’ll run at a lower resolution/fps on Switch like most recent multi-platform releases from major publishers.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I bought Civ 6 for the Switch, but I didn't have the courage to play it, thinking the device would struggle in later turns. Bringing the 7th game to the Switch—will it be a bold move, greediness, or a tremendous success? We'll see.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I bought Civ 6 for the Switch, but I didn't have the courage to play it, thinking the device would struggle in later turns. Bringing the 7th game to the Switch—will it be a bold move, greediness, or a tremendous success? We'll see.
I have lunch with Sid Meier’s son most Thursdays. I’ll see if he knows how it’s running on switch lol.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The Switch version will probably be watered down. Guess we'll find out soon.

The_hunter

I was confused by this stream. The game is divided into 3 eras: antiquity, exploration and modern. Seems positive, divide the game into three phases.

You also have to change civilizations each era based on historical ties or gameplay objectives. But your leader is always the same.

The one positive change I saw was the ability to group military units together under a leader, to move them all at once.

Last edited:

DrCheese

The Civ changing thing will ruin the game if you can go from say.. England > Brazil > Japan.

It should just be leader changes eg King Henry VIII > Queen Victoria.

Should still be the same base Civ

Not too excited about the shown changes. I found it endearing and appealing that you'd play as the same civ throughout the entire game. That was kind of the point of it. To see ancient Canada or nuclear age Shoshone. With the new era system, this is made impossible.

They talk like this will give you different experiences and more choices, but realistically speaking, you will likely gravitate to the same, powerful choices just like with the civic card system in Civ 6.

It's also just weird that you keep playing the same leader for thousands of years, but somehow the civilization itself needs to change. Leaders are also separate from civs, so you can have Napoleon lead Egypt for example. Any immersion or realism this new system might have given us is undone by these inconsistencies in my opinion.

Top Bottom