• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clan of Champions™ |OT| Players will begin in a city

CLAN OF CHAMPIONS™: THE OFFICIAL TOPIC ABOUT THE VIDEOGAME ON THE NEOGAF VIDEOGAME MESSAGE BOARD

zAgS5.jpg

Battle: Depends on how attack buttons are pressed.

Players: Begin in a city

Weapons and Armor: Exists

Story: Once victorious players will get money*

Network: 2-6

Reviews:

23 people think it's 4.5 out 5 stars. Stars are in the sky. Players can not use stars.

Tips and tricks:

Use your buttons

You will like this if...

You like things where stuff happens

*probs not irl

Rated M for Mature.

I... can't even make sense of that picture. Why does it have a 3 pixel clock near the top? Are those pants or skin? None of this was covered in the world's greatest description!! :(

Siliconera posted their impressions of the PC version:

While Clan of Champions’ combat has seen some interesting changes, but the same cannot be said for the game’s content. The single player content is shamefully barebones and consists of you selecting mission from a dropdown menu, making sure you equip your best equipment and defeating never-changing AI for the whole game in a 3-on-3 match.
Sometimes the game will ask you to protect a VIP, but the VIP character model is mysteriously absent and the only way to proceed is again, to clear the map of enemies.
Your first mission will likely feel like the last mission you have done, until you realise you actually completed the game.
On the other hand, Gladiator Begins offered a variety of mission types, from protecting the gates of Rome to fighting rampaging elephants which actually made you fight for your own life.
To my disappointment, I could not find a single person online even after leaving the lobby screen on for half an hour. Whether the game could have benefited from human interaction, at this point I will never know since no one seems to be playing this game at the time of writing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The game's description should hype everyone up. Not only can you do attacks, but you begin in a city, you can view your character, AND you get money when you're victorious. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

ironcreed

Banned
Was just browsing on PSN after getting a refund (digital version of L.A. Noire is somehow borked) and saw this. I have been dying for a fun gladiator game and cannot believe this just completely flew under my radar. Customization, loot, character building and different fighting styles... exactly what I have been wanting. So bought.

Top Bottom