• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clickr |OT| This awesome game is just a click away

xANe3.png

Game came out on the 24th on Steam. It got overlooked because of the steam game sale.

Price: $9.99
No widescreen support.
Single Player
Multiplayer
Steam Achievements
75 Steam Leaderboards
Steam Cloudy
VAC Enabled

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45500/

What is it?

They take the Match 4 game and add some quirky modes and gameplay mechanic that makes it unique and highly addictive.

If you want to more about the game go here: http://clickr.kr/intro/

Game starts with 2 unlocked modes. Puzzle and Multi.

In puzzle mode there are three modes.

Stage Challenge - 50 Levels where you clear each objective given in a set time. it starts off real easy then bumps up the difficulty. It requires thinking and quick clicking.
Combo Challenge (locked) - Trying to get as many big squares as you can. Each click you make you outside of the big square you lose a try.
Points Challenge (locked) - How many points you can get in 1 minute. there's a flash demo of this here: http://clickr.kr/flash/

In Battle Mode (Vs. AI) this is a 1vs1 game. Example. Player 1 makes a big block which is 10 points. That 10 points sends out troops that will have 10 HP. troop will walk across the screen to the enemy. It's the others players job to counter it. Example. Player 2 scores 15 points. which is 15 HP. Player 2 would win with only 5 HP left. basically the better the score the more HP you get. There's items and what not you can use at your disposal to defend and stuff. (Check the image on the site for a better understanding) The more HP you have the better chance you can make your way to the other players base. which your job is to attack their life force. You win when the base HP is 0.

In Push Mode your object is to push 4 colored blocks to your opponent side. both you and your opponent's job is to try to knock the blocks over. while at the same time try to stop it from falling to your side. The higher the chains and combos the faster you get the blocks to fall over. This mode is frantic. but fun.

I haven't unlocked this mode yet but they say IQ Mode you clear all the block on screen. 200 brain teasing puzzles. I assume it's almost like Tetris attack. Maybe.

Multi is Online 1v1 in Battle or Push mode.

my impression
Overall I'm quite pleased with it. I ended up playing for hours last night. My favorite mode has to be Battle. the presentation is well done and the sound is very cute and makes you warm inside. Unlocking was easy as you collect cubes every time you beat a stage. IDK if some of you guys like unlocking difficulties but just throwing it out there. you have to unlock easy, normal, hard, geek, and i think it was extreme mode :lol

Thank you for reading. Have a fun. Enjoy the game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I played the flash demo but I was concerned that there was a big luck factor compared to other battle puzzle games like Puyo Puyo or Super Puzzle Fighter. Is there strategy involved in big combos or is it purely about speed?

SapientWolf said:
I played the flash demo but I was concerned that there was a big luck factor compared to other battle puzzle games like Puyo Puyo or Super Puzzle Fighter. Is there strategy involved in big combos or is it purely about speed?
Depends on how you play. you can get lots of combos if you set it up. but the way this game handles is that you never know what will happens since any same color square touching the big square will disappear. sometime you get lucky and it leads to forming more big squares. But it will never keep giving you free big squares. Most if not all mode have a star or grey piece. Grey piece you can't click to destroy. you have to rotate the board or click the other pieces around it to move. forming a big grey square destroys most of the small grey squares around it. but there's definitely strategy involved especially if you play other modes such as Push or Battle.
EDIT:
Forgot about the Combo Challenge mode in the Puzzle section.

Combo Challenge is you're given 6 "clicks" to get as many combos as you can. basically you are only allowed to click big squares or star pieces. any other pieces you lose a click.

Top Bottom