• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Advanced Warfare Doritos & Mt. Dew in-game Gear!

KiraXD

Exclusive Mountain Dew & Doritos in-game gear coming to COD: Advanced Warfare....
Just what i wanted while on the battlefield... to advertise chips and soda!

1408993048-cod-advanced-warfare-logos.jpg

Mountain Dew and Doritos, the ultimate fuel for gamers, have joined forces with Activision Publishing, Inc. for its highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, the new Call of Duty set in the year 2054, where Power Changes Everything. With the Mountain Dew and Doritos ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ promotion, gamers in select markets around the world will have the opportunity to customize their Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer gaming experience by accessing exclusive (until February 15, 2015) in-game gear through the title’s exciting, brand new ‘Supply Drops’ reward system.

Starting October 6, fans in the U.S. can collect codes from specially marked packages of Dew and Doritos products and enter them online at www.DewandDoritos.com to enhance their gaming experience and create a unique identity for their advanced soldier by unlocking exclusive (until February 15, 2015) Dew and Doritos in-game gear. Fans can customize their character with accessories such as an exoskeleton, heavy vest kit, helmets, goggles, boots and more. Further elevating the experience, gamers will also be able to unlock double XP and rapid supply rewards. Every code entered from DEW and Doritos packages unlocks Call of Duty in-game rewards and each code entered will also provide a chance to win an Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“We’re thrilled to bring together with Call of Duty such iconic brands as Mountain Dew and Doritos in a compelling and fun way that benefits both of our respective communities,” said Ashley Maidy, vice president of licensing and partnerships, Activision Publishing, Inc. “So, with the exclusive in-game gear waiting for DEW and Doritos consumers, gamers just need to fuel-up and login.”

“As in-game experiences evolve, the DEW and Doritos brands are constantly looking for ways to bring those cutting-edge ideas to life offline through unique promotions and exclusive opportunities for our fans,” said Greg Lyons, vice president of marketing, Mountain Dew. “As a brand with an endemic gaming heritage, we are excited to be able to offer this massive gaming community unique access to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s next generation ‘Supply Drop’ platform.”

“The Dew and Doritos ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ promotion is a great example of PepsiCo’s strength in delivering an integrated food and beverage marketing campaign,” said Jeff Klein, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. “Our unique ability to bring consumers exclusive experiences through our long-standing legacy of partnerships and programs around blockbuster video games, demonstrates why we are Better Together.”

As gamers have come to expect year after year, Mountain Dew is bringing back tried and true gamer-favorite - Mtn Dew Game Fuel Citrus Cherry - and a bold new flavor – Mtn Dew Game Fuel Lemonade - for a limited time only. Both products will hit shelves in the U.S., beginning October 6.

Fans can also participate in the ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ promotion by purchasing any 3.375 oz. specially marked bag of Doritos Nacho Cheese, Doritos Cool Ranch, Doritos Spicy Nacho or Doritos Dinamita Chile Limon flavored chips, beginning October 6.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare jolts players forward in a groundbreaking experience that’s ripped-from-the-headlines-of-tomorrow, envisioning a future where both technology and tactics have evolved to create a new era of combat. The narrative begins in the year 2054, the Atlas Corporation, a private military corporation (PMC), has emerged with the power to rescue humanity after a global attack on its military and infrastructure. Empowering players with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities and an advanced arsenal with new weaponry, vehicles and high-tech gear, players can join the ranks of a highly-trained, specialized unit committed to restoring order.

It all starts with the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare exoskeleton and the fundamental way it changes player movement delivering a new level of tactical combat. Speed, strength, agility, and verticality transform how you play. New abilities, movements, perks, equipment and weapon classes offer fans the most personalized, customizable and reward-based Call of Duty multiplayer. It all comes together to make each player feel like a tier one soldier of the future. In Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare customization begins with Supply Drops, bringing a new reward system that provides players with billions of reward combinations into multiplayer. Delivered through both play time and in-game challenges, Supply Drops reward players with items, including Custom Weapons, Character Gear and Reinforcements.

http://www.fuelupforbattle.com/

glaurung

Sad to see this is still a thing.

I drank Mountain Dew once. It was disgusting. And it gave me a horrible rash the next day. I cannot fathom how some people can drink that stuff. At all.

Hip Hop

I am actually excited for this.

Loved it when Modern Warfare 3 did this. Leveled up so quick. Whenever they had Double XP and you would use a Doritos code, you would gain 4X XP.

good times.
Not for the stomach

It was only a matter of time.

Surprised it didn´t happen earlier.

Already happened lol

As a brand with an endemic gaming heritage, we are excited to be able to offer this massive gaming community unique access to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s next generation ‘Supply Drop’ platform.

en•dem•ic (adj.): in epidemiology, an infection is said to be endemic in a population when that infection is maintained without the need for external inputs.

Spot on.

fedexpeon

Banned
I am so glad that I am a volunteer member for the CRA group at my bank since I can justify to the board that I am buying these special Mt. Dew cases for refreshments to help the kids be more involved at the event.

Don't have to eat/drink the nasty stuff, and saving the environment at the same time while collecting these promo codes.
Win-win.

I am actually excited for this.

Loved it when Modern Warfare 3 did this. Leveled up so quick. Whenever they had Double XP and you would use a Doritos code, you would gain 4X XP.

good times.
Not for the stomach

Already happened lol

lol, of course it did.

I wonder if it will have progressive dorito dust collection on your guns if you use them too long.

DrKelpo

Banned
Are there actually people out there who are excited for this? I don't mean potential xp boosts. Are dew and dorritos really that popular among us gamers?

I'm always baffled, on how much money these companies spend for those deals, while everybody just laughs about it today.

But obviously there must be a market for it.

Ps: who eats dorritos while gaming? What a mess on your controller.

I'm not even shocked anymore. I'm sure if you dissect the bodies of Activision's marketers you'll find that they are actually a race of Reptilian humanoids whose blood is Mountain Dew Code Red.

Matriox

Every code entered from DEW and Doritos packages unlocks Call of Duty in-game rewards and each code entered will also provide a chance to win an Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Will this ever stop or is this how Microsoft asks companies to say Xbox One??

Are there really people out there that actually run Mountain Dew and Doritos when they do game sessions? I feel like the "fuel for gamers" tag is forced.

Matriox

It's the official name of the console.

This is obnoxious. Its not like Ps4 is actually called Playstation 4, the slightly better hardware game console from Sony. MS needs to get off their high horse about that "official name" imo...

On actual topic athand before I lose my mind about shinanigans, I am legitimately excited to try that lemonade.. I love me some lemonade..

This has to be a fucking joke right?

This is so american and dude bro it makes me sick. Does american GAF actually see this and go: Hells yes, this is exactly what gaming is about?

Top Bottom