• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD4 reviewed by OXM (so basically it's better than everything)

Dualist

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
Can I have some of the crazy ass drugs you're on?

I am or was a huge Halo fan (even a fanboy) so when Halo 3 came out, I was literally bored instantly. Thats thanks to the incredible beta.

I'd pay 200 dollars just for those 3 maps and the level 10 cap. It was that damn good.

archy121

Zeke said:
Should I get my hopes up for a good PS3 version? Anyone, anyone?

The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions all look surprisingly similar, but that's not due to one platform being the lead; Infinity Ward personally assured us that development occurred simultaneously on all three platforms, and that there wasn't a base system. With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU.

http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/006696.php

:D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I told you guys this back in August.

CoD4 has the best single-player out of any FPS this year. On top of that the multi-player is very rewarding and is an incredibly solid experience, some may say superior to Halo 3. Personally, even with my limited exposure and playthrough of the title I thought CoD4 managed to exceed Halo 3 in every category. This is THE console FPS to purchase for the year.

EDIT: Oh yeah BioShock. That wins best single-player, heh.

J-Rzez

TekunoRobby said:
On top of that the multi-player is very rewarding and is an incredibly solid experience, some may say superior to Halo 3. Personally, even with my limited exposure and playthrough of the title I thought CoD4 managed to exceed Halo 3 in every category.

I totally agree with this... I actually played the CoD4 beta more than I did H3 in it's first week of launch, and, I still probably logged more time overall into CoD4 mp than H3's mp... It doesn't have all the great community features as H3 like the pics and stuff, but, it has a lil bit of clan support which is more important to me... Even if it was just a couple tag letters...

Top Bottom