• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Macrae 2005 Demo

Pug

There’s a demo in this month OXBUK. It’s a single course that takes about 4 minutes 30sec and gives you a taste of all road surfaces, mud, and gravel and tarmac only one car Peugeot 206 WRC. The structure of the game is eerily similar to 2004 in all respects. You do simple challenges to gain better equipment and the modes are the same as 2004 except they are much larger in scope. Graphically its an improvement over 2004, there lots of depth of field effects going on and the damage model is very well implemented, although the car takes hell of battering before you notice its affecting the cars speed or handling. As for the handling again it seems very similar to 2004 although maybe the cars seem slightly lighter. All in all it seems very playable but I can't see a big difference from 2004 in fact the biggest difference is its fully Live compatible.

Dekajelly

Well if it’s like the PC version it belongs in its spiritual home. :D

toilet.jpg

jedimike

^^^^^

I agree. I played with the Celica on one of the Swedish tracks and it felt like I was driving on grape jelly... maybe raspberry. Anyway, the series has went downhill.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Yeah, I thought it sucked too. Really, after Rallisport 2, this one has a long way to go before being the best rally game on XBox. Then again, I guess if you're a sim fanatic, the choice might be a little more difficult but to me RSC2 is just better in every aspect.

Top Bottom