• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COLLADA 1.0 specs are out

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Intended Audience

This document is public and available to anybody. The intended audience is programmers that want to create applications, or plug-ins for applications, that can utilize the COLLADA format.

Readers of this document should have knowledge of XML, XML Schema. The reader needs also be familiar with shading languages such as NVIDIA ® Cg or Pixar RenderMan®. The reader should have a general knowledge and understanding of computer graphics and graphics API such as OpenGL®.

Posted by Jaws on Beyond3D's forums.

Interesting audience there :).

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Sho Nuff said:
Gee. let me ask the normal question in any Pana thread:

What the fuck does any of this mean?

Simple it's a pseudo standard than define a file format to export game asset ( 3d-model/textures/.... ) between different tools/apps/middleware. The syntax is based on XLM, it probably took a whole week of work for a guy at Sony to come up with that.

Don't DISS.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Milhouse31 said:
Simple it's a pseudo standard than define a file format to export game asset ( 3d-model/textures/.... ) between different tools. The syntax is based on XLM, it probably took a whole week of work for a guy at Sony to come up with that.

Don't DISS.

LOL, you are evil ;).

I think there was more talk and discussion between all the co-developers than a single week's work ;).

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Simple it's a pseudo standard than define a file format to export game asset (3d-model/textures/.... ) between different tools/apps/middleware.
Media assets - not game asset, this is aimed at all DCC industries.
Now the amazing part about is if they get companies making the tools to agree on this - I've never seen them spend much effort to be compatible with one another before, rather the opposite.

Anyway this has much more paralels to certain aspects of XNA then "OpenGl ES" ever did :p

Top Bottom