• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colombia begins peace talks with ELN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we said no to an agreement with FARC because of a bunch things that weren't in the agreement, but hey, ELN wants in on this mess.

“We’re ready for the public phase to continue what was decided on 30 March and find solutions to difficulties,” the ELN tweeted on Wednesday.

They've released a couple two of their kidnapped civilians, so I guess that's something? ELN has always been 2nd to FARC in terms of size.

Depending on who you are, this is either great and we'll have full fledged peace in Colombia soon, or we're just going to get more fabulous while we let Castro and Maduro rob us of all our toilet paper.

I love Colombia. Beautiful country. I was amazed at the size of Bogota and felt completely safe walking around the city after dark.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It won't be too much of a mess. Whatever President is on duty when this is finalized (if, depending Centro Democratico achieves a presidential win), I doubt he or she will put it up to a referendum after the victory of No some days ago. Or at the very least I doubt they'll be so sure of victory. The country is legitimately shook with the No victory. Everybody is actually doing introspection on what happened. From politicians, to the media and civilians who realized they voted No because of lies.

One thing is for sure. Despite what many Colombians would like, Santos is going down in history as the Peace President in Colombia. He's not named as such by many, but in 20, 30 years, he will be called as such.

That depends on where you are in Bogota. Also, the conflict rarely reaches the cities.
The only thing that irked me was no AC and not being able to flush TP. It was weird wiping my ass and tossing it into a tiny trash can.

The dollar goes a LONG way in Colombia.. like comically so.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that irked me was no AC and not being able to flush TP. It was weird wiping my ass and tossing it into a tiny trash can.

The dollar goes a LONG way in Colombia.. like comically so.

God damn oil prices. It tanked our economy like hell. Now that the OPEC is going to manage oil offer, the economy might improve for us.

Only until you get to Venezuela.

But yes, the oil price drop hit us like a truck. And then the No hit us like a ton of bricks. If we take a second No, we're going down.

I really want to go back and explore more of the country.

I want to see Cali, Medellin and Cartagena

Edit.. we stayed in Santa Barbara in Bogota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom