• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, there is definitely a great difference of expectations of what a good romance story is from person to person in audience more than in action.

Like personally, Im not interested in like at least 95% of romance stories due to the types of stories those are.

They either seem to operate within tropes I dont like or the romance is really just a vehicle for a Very Important Life Lesson (tm) that the protagonist learns. Im not sure what kind of romance story I could do that I would be satisfied with. Its a pretty difficult one since I dont have much of what I would like to see laid out before me in works that I like.
:shrug

Have you read Strangers in Paradise?
Top tier romance story.

Top tier romance story.
Listen to Kipp. He knows things

So another weekend where my plans get away from me. Wanted something to do while watching some youtube/twitch streams so I fired up Castlevania SOTN to do another playthrough. It's been years and years since. What was just to fill time has consumed my afternoon. Man the game is so good.

Also getting close to being caught up on my newish singles backlog. Only have 10 issue left!

Yeah go with Brubakers run

Rgr.

Top tier romance story.

I'm totally getting this next month. I've been buying too much serious shit. Quantum & Woody only has so many issues.

Listen to Kipp. He knows things

So another weekend where my plans get away from me. Wanted something to do while watching some youtube/twitch streams so I fired up Castlevania SOTN to do another playthrough. It's been years and years since. What was just to fill time has consumed my afternoon. Man the game is so good.

Also getting close to being caught up on my newish singles backlog. Only have 10 issue left!

That happened to me a few years ago with SOTN. Just randomly picked it up again one day and blazed through it in a couple of days.

Messi

Maybe the best ever.

To me it is the best romance comic I've read. I am sure Sunstone will be up there some day, it is already well on its way. But sip is amazing and is such a long book.

Launchpad, SiP isn't all fun and games. Sometimes it gets very real.

Kipp

I'm totally getting this next month. I've been buying too much serious shit. Quantum & Woody only has so many issues.

Should I just take a picture of my shelf and you can just go ahead and order all the stuff I have? It'll save you a bit of time in the long run. :p
But yeah, you should definitely pick up SiP. It's incredible.
Can't believe I got it for only $55 too. For over 2000 pages of brilliant comics. That value.

Maybe the best ever.

Very likely. I don't feel qualified to say that though since I'm pretty sure it's the only romance comic I've ever read. I don't see how anyone could possibly do one any better though.

Launchpad, SiP isn't all fun and games. Sometimes it gets very real.

Very much this. One issue you'll be cracking up and the next you'll be wondering where you left the tissue box.

Messi

Should I just take a picture of my shelf and you can just go ahead and order all the stuff I have? It'll save you a bit of time in the long run. :p
Can't believe I got it for only $55 too. For over 2000 pages of brilliant comics. That value.

Very likely. I don't feel qualified to say that though since I'm pretty sure it's the only romance comic I've ever read. I don't see how anyone could possibly do one any better though.

Kipp, why don't you give Sunstone a try? Give love a chance to grow.

Hagi

Nextwave is top tier stuff can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a ☠☠☠☠ comic.

To me it is the best romance comic I've read. I am sure Sunstone will be up there some day, it is already well on its way. But sip is amazing and is such a long book.

Well, you can't really judge an ongoing series against a complete work like SiP.

I've been meaning to actually. I'll toss it into an IST order sometime soon.

Vol. 3 comes out on the 25th, so just scoop them all up then.

Messi

Well, you can't really judge an ongoing series against a complete work like SiP.

Vol. 3 comes out on the 25th, so just scoop them all up then.

Absolutely.as a completed work SiP is incredible. Sunstone still has a long way to go if he manages to pull off what he wants to do.

Kipp pls don't. It'll cost me a lot of money in the long run.

I was going to pick SiP up eventually anyway. Messi said it was his favorite series at one point, next to Sunstone, and Sunstone is goddamn amazing.
you should check that out btw

Messi

Kipp pls don't. It'll cost me a lot of money in the long run.

I was going to pick SiP up eventually anyway. Messi said it was his favorite series at one point, next to Sunstone, and Sunstone is goddamn amazing.
you should check that out btw

Get that SiP omnibus, ludicrous value for two books.

Messi

Omni

IMG_1585-500x373.jpg

Tis huge

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Horror is always good.

Are there any Oversized Hardcovers with Lovecratian Horrorstory? Can be adaption from the grandmaster, but doesnt need to.
Ethan Carter made me realize that I am starving for new storys that is connected to Lovecrafts cosmis horror and since nobody writes good books anymore...

Hagi

Horror is always good.

Are there any Oversized Hardcovers with Lovecratian Horrorstory? Can be adaption from the grandmaster, but doesnt need to.
Ethan Carter made me realize that I am starving for new storys that is connected to Lovecrafts cosmis horror and since nobody writes good books anymore...

Fatale is the only lovecraftian comic I've read that is good.

Horror is always good.

Hellboy

Owzers

Windows update at 35%, will probably take two more hours to finish....

Comics! Time to finish that slott spidey flame ohc

Zombine

Banned
Media/Freeza/zombeen. When are you finally picking up Moores other series Echo? It's solo good but nobody has bought in. It's the forgotten run and it's all collected in one affordable book!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1892597489/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1438468842&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=moore+echo&dpPl=1&dpID=51gQFvO8FEL&ref=plSrch

Anyone that has loved SIP or Rachel's Rising will dig this one too

Real talk, probably own it. Can't read everything.
at once

Kipp

Rachel rising is also amazing but it's not exactly a love story. Plus he told me on Twitter that an omni was coming for that when it is all done.

Yesss. Will buy.

Well I have read SiP but it was about 7 years ago and I dont remember much except really liking it.

What Gketter said. Sounds like a perfect time for a reread. Haha

I'm doing my own Alias book club right now.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. If you like it, I really want to hear why, since I really didn't like it at all.

Media/Freeza/zombeen. When are you finally picking up Moores other series Echo? It's solo good but nobody has bought in. It's the forgotten run and it's all collected in one affordable book!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1892597489/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1438468842&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=moore+echo&dpPl=1&dpID=51gQFvO8FEL&ref=plSrch

Anyone that has loved SIP or Rachel's Rising will dig this one too

Ooh. I almost forgot about that (even though it's on my IST wishlist somewhere). I could go for some more Terry Moore.

Top Bottom