• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Messi

Rocafort only doing half of each of the last 3 Ultimates issues has me like...

a9c0015105f9b694f305d94bf8c8bf21.gif

Messi

SHUT YOUR FACE

I speak the truth about a book I have loved and supported since day one.

For the record. I pull every X book. I am not the problem.

Blame Marvel wanting to shift him quickly to IvX.

That book is gonna look so good.

Wait. Is he on that book? Who's doing ultimates 2?

Stegman was right BTW, Uncanny Avengers #14 was the best his art has looked in quite some time. Good issue.

Sandfox

I speak the truth about a book I have loved and supported since day one.

For the record. I pull every X book. I am not the problem.

Wait. Is he on that book? Who's doing ultimates 2?

Stegman was right BTW, Uncanny Avengers #14 was the best his art has looked in quite some time. Good issue.

Travel Foreman is the artist on that book.

VanWinkle

What was the most surprisingly good Rebirth comic to you guys? I would probably say Green Arrow, since there was VERY little reason to be hyped for it before it came out. Percy had just been on Green Arrow in fact, and most people seemed to not like it at all.

mreddie

What was the most surprisingly good Rebirth comic to you guys? I would probably say Green Arrow, since there was VERY little reason to be hyped for it before it came out. Percy had just been on Green Arrow in fact, and most people seemed to not like it at all.

Mos Def Green Arrow, it's the best DC book. not dark, not bright, all badass and fun

Ross61

Detective Comics. I believed in Tynion but I didn't think it was going to be that good. Best Rebirth book.

Messi

I just want to see Jon meet Damian and then have Damian wreck his shit.

VanWinkle of you liked their Batman and Robin they are doing the exact same thing for Clark and Jon. Such great heart.

VanWinkle

I just want to see Jon meet Damian and then have Damian wreck his shit.

VanWinkle of you liked their Batman and Robin they are doing the exact same thing for Clark and Jon. Such great heart.

Batman and Robin is GREAT (haven't read all of it yet). But yeah, that sounds absolutely perfect.

I don't mind Travel Foreman. Hopefully he doesn't need fill ins. Rocafort is terrible for that kind of thing.

BTW. I see Mirka Andolfo from Bombshells is gonna be doing the last issue if Ms Marvel before it takes a 1 month break. That issue is gonna be so beautiful.
Rocafort was doing fine up until issue 9, where I imagine Marvel wanted him to do IvX.

Superman for sure. And the latest issue was a joy to read.

Messi

That issue was also kind of a one-shot story.

Sure and I think he is doing another. I could be wrong. Maybe it's this week's issue..

Power Man and Iron Fist is really awesome. They have an awesome Iron Fist and Power Man is always cool. Danny is like Deadpool but less annoying. It really works for the book.

Oh and Sanford Greens art is awesome. I knew I recognized his art from something. He did art in Amicomi girls for DC.

Ross61

As much as I think Percy has improved on Green Arrow, he still has some faults. Namely with overambitious short arcs. I thought the 2 part "The Killing Time" with Stephen Byrne would have been a greater arc had it been a little longer. The whole issue got resolved rather quickly and would've benefited if it would have breathed a little.

Boogiepop

Oh damn, Comixology has a What If? sale. The idea of those has always kind of intrigued me, so... how bad of an idea would it be to pull the trigger on all that old stuff? And would I be right or wrong for writing off the newer stuff because it all seems to be event focused.]

Also, there's a sale on Tarot, which I believe is the infamous one with the haunted vagina, so... that's a thing.

Sandfox

Oh damn, Comixology has a What If? sale. The idea of those has always kind of intrigued me, so... how bad of an idea would it be to pull the trigger on all that old stuff? And would I be right or wrong for writing off the newer stuff because it all seems to be event focused.]

Also, there's a sale on Tarot, which I believe is the infamous one with the haunted vagina, so... that's a thing.

The best thing about the old what if issues is how some of them ended up happening.

Mos Def Green Arrow, it's the best DC book. not dark, not bright, all badass and fun

I personally like Detective and Wonder Woman more.

Superman is the best rebirth book tho.

I gotta side with mreddie on this one. I think Green Arrow is the best all-around book. Wonder Woman is consistently the very last book I read on any given week. I usually enjoy it more than I expect, but I never find myself looking forward to it.

Surprisingly good? Hmmm. Gotta give it to New Super-Man, totally new character that seemed too derivative and I know nothing about the writer, but I'm loving that book.

Superman, sure, is surprisingly good itself but there was cause to hope with that creative team.

Sandfox

That cover actually sums up what we know we know about the book's plot pretty well.

Isnt he member of a Inhumans team and IvX takes place 8 months earlier?

Death of X mostly takes place during the gap between Secret Wars and ANAD, while IvX takes place in the present.

Top Bottom