• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Dead Or Alive: Ultimate footage

Ryu

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I don't think that guy you played was very good. You countered his wakeup kick like 4x. A good player would've thrown you for doing that so much.

MrparisSM

Banned
Ryu said:
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

Damn, wish there was someone who could host this out there? I'll upload it one mo gin on yousendit so you can check out my skillz yo.

MrparisSM

Banned
fobtastic said:
Makes me wish I could get XBL, and an unmodded XBox. The joys of unemployment...

Just get a used Xbox and trade in a few games towards it to knock down the price. And no need to worry about Xbox LIVE, you'll get a free 2 month trial with the game.

MrparisSM

Banned
Anybody want to challenge me in this game? I could make some more movies and then post them here. It's pretty easy with my ATI All In Wonder. :)

Gamer Tag: ParisOwnzYou

fobtastic

MrparisSM said:
Just get a used Xbox and trade in a few games towards it to knock down the price. And no need to worry about Xbox LIVE, you'll get a free 2 month trial with the game.

Is there a risk of getting an XBox that's already banned from XBL if I buy used? I think I might just look into one of those free XBox internet things, 'cause aside from the money, time is also a big issue for me. Stupid school.

mr2mike

Banned
competitive?

I'm not one of those fighting game elitist, but I try to enjoy those SF3 parry vids, or KOF combo vids and such...

But that video didn't highlight anything special... both of you didn't seem very well versed in your move list, no one tried to use the environmentn wich is probably what DOA does best, there was some blocking, some reversals and a whole lot of repetition.

I was having deeper DOA3 matches against my sister back then when you didn't see the same combo twice, where we'd try to setup enviromnent throws for more damage. people moving around, sidestepping attacks, maybe a reversal here or there, a lot more advanced blocking than that (ie: you can see fpr yourself in the video, blocking those dial-a-combos worked as long as one of you didn't throw in any height variation), feints and lagged moves...

I'm not claiming anyone here isn't good, I'm just saying (and I dont fancy myself an exper player either), that video wasn't demonstrating anything but a casual, straightfoward match without h frills and chills that DOA has to offer...

MrparisSM

Banned
mr2mike said:
competitive?

I'm not one of those fighting game elitist, but I try to enjoy those SF3 parry vids, or KOF combo vids and such...

But that video didn't highlight anything special... both of you didn't seem very well versed in your move list, no one tried to use the environmentn wich is probably what DOA does best, there was some blocking, some reversals and a whole lot of repetition.

I was having deeper DOA3 matches against my sister back then when you didn't see the same combo twice, where we'd try to setup enviromnent throws for more damage. people moving around, sidestepping attacks, maybe a reversal here or there, a lot more advanced blocking than that (ie: you can see fpr yourself in the video, blocking those dial-a-combos worked as long as one of you didn't throw in any height variation), feints and lagged moves...

I'm not claiming anyone here isn't good, I'm just saying (and I dont fancy myself an exper player either), that video wasn't demonstrating anything but a casual, straightfoward match without h frills and chills that DOA has to offer...

Hey, no harm done. I appreciate your comments. See I'm only a B- player right now, so I'm still not in the "elite" class. I'll try and record to "SS" ranked players go at it for you. When they know what their doing it's truely a site to behold.

GrandPipe

mr2mike said:
No problems, but i will. That was some seriously lack luster DOA. Here i am in Australia crying because we have a 2005 release for this game, thinking that by the time i get on, we'll have no chance on the rankings due to DOA gods destroying our hopes and dreams.
But then i read on that site that Tom Brady 267 is currently #1 (and former DOA3 champ). Well i can't wait for DOAU release in AU cause i'm pretty sure my friends and i'll be top 5 judging by that video.

/adds Tom Brady to January DOAU hitlist.

BuddyC

GrandPipe said:
No problems, but i will. That was some seriously lack luster DOA. Here i am in Australia crying because we have a 2005 release for this game, thinking that by the time i get on, we'll have no chance on the rankings due to DOA gods destroying our hopes and dreams.
But then i read on that site that Tom Brady 267 is currently #1 (and former DOA3 champ). Well i can't wait for DOAU release in AU cause i'm pretty sure my friends and i'll be top 5 judging by that video.

I've played against Tom Brady. It's absolutely insane to watch him and other top ranked players at work.

MrparisSM

Banned
GrandPipe said:

Is his Gamertag actually "Tombrady267"??? If not what is it? Because I'll add him as a buddy and see if I can get some video of him kicking sum ass. :)

Top Bottom