• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computer Problems (Raideon 9600XT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B'z-chan

Banned
Well about a month ago i needed to get a new graphics card as my old GF 4 TI 4600 was biting the dust and needxed replacing. So i got a Made by ATI Raideon 9600 Xt.

This thing has from week one given me more trouble than its worth. I'm wondering what could be wrong with it or the rest of my computer. Here is a list of things that happens in pc games and just during regular pc operation:

Monitor refreshing and changing to random resolutions.
Freezing screens, nothing moves. (Three finger salute doesnt work)
Boots me out of games even at there lowest settings giving me VPU errors and then restarting.
Restarting for no reason (had increased over the past few days)
Restarting of my computer and then freezes at start up before loading Window Xp (well at least i think so it could be in the background)

I started out with the early Catalyst drivers then the 4.5 (gave me more problems) then i got 4.6 which by far has basically killed my ability to play any PC games. Its really messing me up.

Circuit City will only give me 25 bucks for the time being towards a new card. ATi knows of this problem and wants me to pay to have it fixed. I will not pay 1.50 a minute just to talk to these bastards. They havent even responded to my emails. They were telling me to mess with some dll files in my games. But i know that doesnt do anything but change resolutions and texture crap.

I'm getting tired of this and really need this to work for me as i am loosing precious time with FFXI.

Any ideas?

PC specs:

AmD xp 2000 (1.1ghz)
1024mb PC 2100 DDR
Raideon 9600xt
Audigy Plantinum
Direct X 9.0b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom