• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computer Techies, need your help on Graphic Cards

Firest0rm

Whats the difference between a ATI Radeon Chipset 9800SE 128M DDR / AGP 8X / TV/O and a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR / AGP 8X / DVI / TV/O??

I can get the first one for $230 (Canadian) and the second one for $315 (Canadian). Whats causing this big difference in price?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
A shitload of performance.

The PRO vesion is faster clocked IIRC, has all the Vertex and Pixel Shading pipelines intact and a 256 bits bus between the VRAM and the GPU.

AntoneM

yes, by all means the xtra money is worth it. On one hand you have a crippled card that is barely if at all faster than ATi's 9600 XT and on the other you have the price/performance champ of it's generation. Get the 9800 pro.

marsomega

I don't understand why they released an R350 core with only 4 pipelines besides the bus and lower clock. I figured the 9800 SE kept the 8 pipelines but slower bus but they labled those as 9800 PROs to (ie Sapphire). I figured this must of been a way to offload completely crappy rejected R350 cores. They should of just used thrown thows in with the RV350's and called them 9600 PROs since the performance is identical with a difference of what? 3 to 4 frames?

R350 8 pipes/128bit bus/ lower clock should be 9800 SE.
R350 4 pipes/128bit bus/ lower clock should be 9800-200 Pro. Tee hee :)

Top Bottom