• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conflict: Vietnam v Shellshock Nam 67

bunkum

Its official SCi are going head to head with Eidos in the UK

Conflict: Vietnam goes gold on PS2, Xbox and PC and set for September 3rd release in the UK (16/08/2004)

SCi Entertainment Group Plc today announced that Conflict: Vietnam, the next instalment in the award-winning Conflict series, has gone gold for PS2, Xbox and PC and will be released in the UK on September 3rd, 2004.

A haunting depiction of a truly grisly war, Conflict: Vietnam follows the progress of four US soldiers, Ragman, Junior, Hoss and Cherry, cut off from their unit during the 1968 Tet Offensive and tasked with fighting their way back to friendly lines.A third person shooter where the player takes full control of all four squad members, Conflict: Vietnam does not set out to depict the course of the war; instead we witness four men struggling for survival in the hostile Vietnam jungle against a ruthless terrain and seemingly ever-present ‘invisible’ enemy.

“We have a triple-A certified hit on our hands” – XBM

“A 400mph vomit-stream of napalm-scented action.” - Xbox Gamer

“Hot or Not? BOILING!” – Official PlayStation 2 Magazine

http://www.sci.co.uk/games/press_releases.asp?id=163

DarrenS

No GC release this time. Despite some good reviews, it never sold that well on GC so no point developing for a platform that wasn't making them any money.

Different types of game (despite both being set in Vietnam) and the other big difference is one is finished and one isn't.

bunkum

AirBrian said:
Any word if C:V will be picked up for a GC release? :)

Fraid not, GCN sales of previous Conflict games were very poor.

NPD

Format Title LTD Sales to June '04
PS2 CONFLICT:DESERT STORM 581,458
XBX CONFLICT:DESERT STORM 301,966
GCN CONFLICT:DESERT STORM 31,310

Format Title LTD Sales to June '04
PS2 CONFLICT: DESERT II 250,146
XBX CONFLICT: DESERT II 140,184
GCN CONFLICT: DESERT II 18,065

ghostface

I always thought this series didnt get enough love around here. The Desert Storm games are my favorite co-op games this gen (tie with Halo, of course) and some of my all-time favs.

BTW if this game does not have the "On me, ON ME!" command, said in that same way, I'm not picking it up.

j/k, or am I?

AirBrian

That's too bad -- I really enjoyed those games. The co-op rocks hard.

In their defense, I bet they would've sold better if they were released around the PS2/Xbox versions instead of ~6 months later. :(

since Conflict Desert Storm sucked donkey ass, and Shellshock seems to be at least trying to do something new with the "apocalypse now" style atmosphere, i think i'll go with Nam 67.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I thought the Desert Storm games were awful. I gave them a decent try. I suppose if you were starved for co-op. Online offerings always make a game better to me, but I sincerely hope this game is more polished than the last two.

Top Bottom