• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker Demo impressions - IGN

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/554/554331p1.html

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053224896-000.jpg

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053211755-000.jpg

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053207755.jpg

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053216146.jpg

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053225646.jpg

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053224349.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha ha I love the Drudge Report, very funny!

I might end up getting this game after all even though I played the original to death.

+1 frothing demand.

Conker was one of my top 3 n64 games, I expect this to top it many times over without the hardware limitations of the 64.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I hate to say it, but at TGS this looked really fugging incredible. Lobb wasn't bullshitting when he said it was one of the best-looking games on Xbox.

And thus, the only reason I subscribe to OXM...The demo discs. Can't wait to play this. OXM also claims that they'll have a Live enabled Conker demo before it's release.

demi

Must-buy 2k4 (december right?)

As others have said, Conker's is the best. The. Best. Ever. Ever eever.r..ever.

bheemer

that cant be real graphics. its freaking incredible.

i too see the killer instinct logo. please xbox 2 launch title PLEASE

Culex

Banned
SKluck said:
Whoa there, 2005 was a given, but April at the EARLIEST? Why? Where did you hear that?

Well, it is scheduled for a Spring release.

OK, so it may launch at the end of March (Spring starts on the 19/20 of March).

Sho Nuff

Banned
bheemer said:
that cant be real graphics. its freaking incredible.

Those shots are all real-time, no CG. I played all those sequences at TGS...

edit: how can you not get that reference?

ACF2070.jpg

AniHawk

I hope there are some worthy additions to single player mode. I'd love to replay the game for the Xbox, but the updated graphics alone wont cut it, as great as the game looks.

I also hope the N64 multiplayer modes are still intact. Some were fun.

I was really double-checking some of these cutscene screenshots wondering if it's prerendered CG or not, this game looks fucking incredible.

Fifty

Wow, it looks stunning. I for one like the look of the fur. It's stylized, of course, but I think it works.

3phemeral

adelgary said:
It doesn't look like while you're playing it, fur always looks wrong in screenshots.

Hrm.. I hope that's the case. I'm sure it's the same technique as on the GC, so it'd prolly look even cripser -- but their sort of "unique" method at implementing fur comes off really cheap for the most part. I'm sure the animation will be tops, though -- for some reason I never noticed it in the other vids I downloaded. Maybe I should go back and recheck... I remeber it being very subtle and/or non-existent in distance shots and relatively close camera shots. Could be just a bad memory, though =P

eso76

Lol at the Halo drudge cover :D
And those are some sweet looking pics; was the single player mode confirmed to be running at 60fps ?

Kiriku said:
Looks really cool, I never played the original, so I'm definitely interested in this game.

You're so lucky. I wish I could play this again for the first time. Still I can't wait to play it again with these incredible graphics.

eso76 said:
Lol at the Halo drudge cover :D
And those are some sweet looking pics; was the single player mode confirmed to be running at 60fps ?

You guys really need to click the link to the impressions which is the first line of the topic heh.

Running at 30 frames a second, Live & Reloaded is smooth and absolutely beautiful. - IGN

Prine

Banned
Never played the original either. One of the best looking games i've seen.

Cant wait to see what Rare do with Xenon

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Any of you who think that KI logo is anything other than Rare teasing you and playing on the fact that people ask for it all the time need to wake up. They do this sort of thing all the time.

Top Bottom