• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker - New Screens

Redbeard

Banned
25040.jpg
25047.jpg
25049.jpg
25052.jpg
25055.jpg

More at Xboxworld

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
wow it looks totally incredible, i still want a screenshot of the matrix parody though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sexcellent. Perhaps the GBA:SP is a signal of Rare's continued support for Nintendo handhelds? OMG<PD0 on DS>!!!!O!!

sp0rsk said:
why is he playing a gba sp

One of Conker's idle animations in the original was pulling out an old Game Boy and playing with it (complete with authentic game sound effects and music), so changing it to an SP seems perfect now.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
adelgary said:
One of Conker's idle animations in the original was pulling out an old Game Boy and playing with it (complete with authentic game sound effects and music), so changing it to an SP seems perfect now.

This still seems rather silly.

How in the world does this game look this good. This makes just about everything else on the system look like garbage, I just don't understand how they can make it look that much better.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
This has got to be the best looking game around. Pity the multiplayer doesn't look as good as the single, though it's understandable.

Xellos

Rare is doing a great job remaking the graphics. Hope they find time to add in a new area or two. LotR would be awesome, or maybe they can put some of the new Terminator stuff to use in the single player game.

I can't wait to hear this game, either. Rare games always have good music and sound effects, and certain scenes in Conker are going to shine in 5.1 (e.g.
Storming the Beach, the Matrix, Club Rock Solid
)

shpankey

not an idiot
Damn! Some of the best looking graphics I've ever seen on a console. Both in technical terms but especially in art and atmosphere. Just fucking amazing!

mj1108

Holy shit! Even if it is a "remake" of the N64 version, I'm getting it. I loved it on the N64 and I can tell I'll love it now. :)

Love the SP!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, that really DOES look good.

Considering that I have yet to play the original game, I am kind of looking forward to this. :)

Deg

Banned
morbidaza said:
How in the world does this game look this good. This makes just about everything else on the system look like garbage, I just don't understand how they can make it look that much better.

Its good looking and its Rare's strength but i dont think its one of the best of the best on the Xbox.

3rdman

Has there ben any confirmation of new areas? I've gone through the original twice and although I'll still be picking this one up, it would be nice to be able to look forward to new areas.

shpankey

not an idiot
Deg said:
Its good looking and its Rare's strength but i dont think its one of the best of the best on the Xbox.

I do. Definately one of the (if not THE) best I've seen.

P.S. The SP is awesome. Nice touch.

Mama Smurf

I believe there's confirmation of no new areas actually.

I don't just think it's one of the best looking titles on the Xbox, I think it probably is the best. I guess our eyes are different.

Xellos

Mama Smurf said:
I believe there's confirmation of no new areas actually.

Really? That's too bad. :(

Then again, if this game does well (and it should, it rocked on N64!) maybe there will be a sequel on Xenon. :)

Redbeard

Banned
What really makes it for me is the way the light hits Conker's fur. It's like you can reach in and pet his head in that first pic.

element

Xellos said:
Really? That's too bad. :(

Then again, if this game does well (and it should, it rocked on N64!) maybe there will be a sequel on Xenon. :)
i think they are keeping quiet about new areas, if there are any.

25042.jpg

25041.jpg

Mama Smurf

Rare wants you to know that the content from the single-player adventure remains unchanged from the 2001 N64 release.

Apparently their reasoning is that not many people got to play the original anyway, so it'll be new to most.

Oh yeah, taken from OXM.

Fatalah

Holy shit. XBOX PRICEDROP anytime soon?! I'm waiting for it!

Comparison shots?

conkers_0221_screen070.jpg
conkers_0221_screen079.jpg
conker_0213_screen067.jpg

holy shit, look at this! before conker went M-rated!

conker64_screen009.jpg
conker64_screen013.jpg
conker64_screen017.jpg

Vomiaouaf

Well, Chris Seavor already stated he did not want to make a sequel to Conker (he'll probably re-jump on some of the projects that were put in touch when Rare was bought). And without him on board, I can't even imagine how the whole package would lose a great part of its satirical factor... Not to mention the lost of both its sheer innocence and surprise effect.

25051.jpg

25053.jpg
25054.jpg

EDIT : by the way, as Killer Instinct was the game that ran on the Game Boy in the original Conker, can someone confirm if it's the SNES version this time around or not ?

Mama Smurf

Maybe not as his next game, but if it sells well I'm sure we'll see a sequel at some point in the future.

Mashing

Is there any doubt that Rare have the best texture people in the industry? Amazing. And what's even better is that I didn't get to play this game on the N64 so it's all new to me.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
25051.jpg

I'm going to buy the game again just to play THAT scenario over. Can't wait to see the facelift given to it.

Top Bottom