• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker - New Screens

darscot

Sorry I'll return to my X-Box worship. This game was garbage when Nintendo was involved but has now been saved by the might green X. This is going to be game of the year 2005. Best looking game on the system. I can't wait for it to release. Thank big Bill for the delay, delay as long as possible this mighty game will be worth it.

element

This game was garbage when Nintendo was involved but has now been saved by the might green X.
who said it was garbage on Nintendo? Most people here who actually played it enjoyed it and are looking forward to the Xbox version.

FightyF

Banned
Sorry I'll return to my X-Box worship. This game was garbage when Nintendo was involved but has now been saved by the might green X. This is going to be game of the year 2005. Best looking game on the system. I can't wait for it to release. Thank big Bill for the delay, delay as long as possible this mighty game will be worth it.

Someone's jealous!

Redbeard

Banned
notxbox.jpg

darscot

Not at all like I already said in this thread if the online is good I'll grab it and sign up for live. But the single player is been there done that for me. I guess it just takes more then graphics in a Rare game.

FightyF

Banned
again. when why the praise for REmake and MGS:TS

Those games were much more than graphics updates. From what I've read Conker's N64 conversion is just that...a graphics update.

I'm a graphics whore, so I'm gonna play it again for that very reason, but those who aren't whores don't have much of a reason to play it again.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
darscot said:
Not at all like I already said in this thread if the online is good I'll grab it and sign up for live. But the single player is been there done that for me. I guess it just takes more then graphics in a Rare game.

Good lord, shut up! Is it so hard to understand that a LOT of people have not played the original? They aren't making this game FOR YOU. What is the point of your bashing?

darscot

First I didnt praise them, I thought MGS:TS blew. RE was a great game to begin with that I never played through the whole thing begining to end by myself. So I did play through it and it was ok.

darscot

I'm not bashing it at all would you people chill out. Like I said I thought Conker was a great game and I might pick it up for live. I'm just not gushing over it and I thought it was an odd choice to remake.

dark10x

darscot said:
I'm not bashing it at all would you people chill out. Like I said I thought Conker was a great game and I might pick it up for live. I'm just not gushing over it and I thought it was an odd choice to remake.

The problem is that you keep repeating the same lines over and over again while talking only from your perspective.

I'm not really hyped for the game either, but I wouldn't mind playing it (never played it before)...but you are going off on some tangent about the game not being worthy for a remake. Ya know what? I didn't think Resident Evil deserved a remake either...but obviously a lot of people DID. Just because YOU don't feel something deserves a remake doesn't mean that one should not be made...

I just thought your behavior was inappropriate and unfair to the game.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Conker rocks. Its needs a story overhaul tho. I do not think I can stand another Matrix parody. I also hope they change the beginning, I hated that slow drunk walk. :mad:

darscot

Save your BS. I can say whatever the hell I want about whatever the hell I want. If your not smart enough to realise that it's my opinion get a clue. I forget at GA your not alowed to say anything other then agree with the masses. If your opinion is not exactly the same as everybody else it somehow wrong to say it. I think this is an odd choice for a remake I think it takes more then graphics in a Rare game. If this has enough content IE. great online I'll buy it.

If my comment have hurt poor Conkers feeling he can bite me.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is looking really good!

(and on a side note, I guess we know what handheld company Rare will be supporting :))

FightyF

Banned
What kind of barriers are preventing Rare from making a Goldeneye re-make, besides the obvious JB license they'd have to get? That would be a sweet remake.

I just realized that the multiplayer for Conker could be just as addicting and polished as Goldeneye...I really hope it turns out that way!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Fight for Freeform said:
Those games were much more than graphics updates. From what I've read Conker's N64 conversion is just that...a graphics update.

I'm a graphics whore, so I'm gonna play it again for that very reason, but those who aren't whores don't have much of a reason to play it again.

As far as I'm aware, the whole point of making the game was for the Live multiplayer (which is completely new, not just the N64 multiplayer online). The sinlge player is just along for the ride because, well, it'll sell better with it and they might as well.

darscot said:
I can say whatever the hell I want about whatever the hell I want.

No, you can't. But you can say this stuff. (As a side point, I love the argument of "Shut up, you can't say that to me 'cos I'm allowed to say whatever I want." It's so deliciously hypocritical.)

I forget at GA your not alowed to say anything other then agree with the masses. If your opinion is not exactly the same as everybody else it somehow wrong to say it.

You have been on the internet before right? There are a hell of a lot worst places the GAF for that sort of thing.

darscot

Did it sell that many, when it was released? Or did they flog that many for a couple of bucks because they printed that many? I always though it basically bombed. Also it must have had a fairly massive budget. I doubt it made a nickel in profit. I bought it on release day.

AniHawk

darscot said:
Did it sell that many, when it was released? Or did they flog that many for a couple of bucks because they printed that many? I always though it basically bombed. Also it must have had a fairly massive budget. I doubt it made a nickel in profit. I bought it on release day.

Last I saw it on NPD (November 2002), it was at 400,000 (and Paper Mario was at 500,000).

darscot

I agree I can't really say whatever I want whenever I want. Also on a whole GA is a very tolerable place, just getting anoyed today. That was basically just a rant take it as such.

element

AniHawk said:
BFD sold 400,000 in the states. Why are people acting like that's an incredibly small amount?
it is considered a failure, because 400,000 doesn't compare well to 2.3 million or 1.6 million, that other Rare or Nintendo titles did on the N64.

Selling 400k units isn't a bomb by any means.

dark10x

darscot said:
Save your BS. I can say whatever the hell I want about whatever the hell I want. If your not smart enough to realise that it's my opinion get a clue. I forget at GA your not alowed to say anything other then agree with the masses. If your opinion is not exactly the same as everybody else it somehow wrong to say it. I think this is an odd choice for a remake I think it takes more then graphics in a Rare game. If this has enough content IE. great online I'll buy it.

If my comment have hurt poor Conkers feeling he can bite me.

There is the problem right there...

You seriously overstate things to get a point across. It almost isn't even about this specific game, but rather, the way you are handling yourself. Obviously, opinions are opinions...but the entire point of this board is to DISCUSS opinions. Opinions can be presented in a multitude of ways, however...and that's what you seem to be forgetting. You seem as though you are literally yelling at your monitor about this...

Why on earth are you getting so worked up? You were stating things over and over in a rather nasty manner yet you can't seem to understand why people are "attacking" you. Heck, it almost seems as if you didn't want anyone to comment at all...

darscot

I'm not yelling no one attacked anyone. I said my bit can we move on soon. This game will be in stores before people can let go of the fact that I didn't say this game was great. We all know how long that could take, with Rare.

dark10x

darscot said:
I'm not yelling no one attacked anyone. I said my bit can we move on soon. This game will be in stores before people can let go of the fact that I didn't say this game was great. We all know how long that could take, with Rare.

You really are a drama queen. :p

funcojoe said:
In the second screen that rock guy has a penis and balls lmao.

That's probably his tail. The Ooga-Booga dude had a penis in the original game, although I remember it was blurred out (censored) but someone else assured me that it wasn't, and he said it was the first time he ever saw genitalia in a video game.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
In retrospect I probably should have bought the original... I rented the thing 12 times.... :(

Man I was stupid... lol

Docpan

OK, it looks good.

It's still the same game I played in 2001. With an online deathmatch mode.

I'm not salivating over it.

I am totally impressed by this game. I never played the original, so I am looking forward to picking this up. This game looks like a moving painting.

lordmrw

element said:
it is considered a failure, because 400,000 doesn't compare well to 2.3 million or 1.6 million, that other Rare or Nintendo titles did on the N64.

Selling 400k units isn't a bomb by any means.

It sold a good chunk of those 400,000 after it dropped down to 9.99. I remember a month after it was released, Matt had an update where he said it only sold 15,000 copies its first month.

jarrod

Banned
Looks good, way more promising than Ghoulies or Kameo. Don't see the problem with last gen remakes either, everyone's doing them....

-Resident Evil (GC) Capcom
-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) Konami/KCEJ/Silicon Knights
-Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni (PS2) Sega/OverWorks/Red
-WildARMs: Alter Code F (PS2) SCEI/Media Vision
-Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green (GBA) Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures
-Doshin the Giant (GC) Nintendo
-Conker: Live & Uncut (XBox) MGS/Rare

...what's the difference?

To those wondering why Conker was chosen to be remade, here's my theory. Conker: BFD did not do well on the N64 in the eyes of Nintendo and majority of the sales numbers accumulated were after the game hit bargain bins. It bombed and the reason why was because the content didn't fit the N64 market/demographic.

Rare/MS obviously feel the game has what it takes to be a success (and I agree) and has received an extreme makeover in the hopes that a franchise develops from this title.

EDIT: btw, I only skimmed this thread and noticed more than one person pose this question but didn't notice a response (again I only skimmed).

jarrod

Banned
Mr_Furious said:
It bombed and the reason why was because the content didn't fit the N64 market/demographic.
Sure it did, N64 had tons of "mature" high sellers (GoldenEye/TWINE, Turok 1-3, Perfect Dark, Doom 64, Mortal Kombat 4, Resident Evil 2, etc). The real problem was it coming out so late in N64's lifecycle... Conker's failure directly resulted in Sin & Punishment/Custom Robo V2 being cut from western release and Eternal Darkness/Dinosaur Planet being reworked into GameCube releases. It signaled the real end of the N64 market.

Senretsu

The N64 version holds up pretty darn well in those comparison screens considering. But it was one of the best looking N64 games to come out.

I still have an mp3 of the "Great Mighty Poo" song somewhere on my computer, I remember almost nearly passing out from laughing so hard the first time I got there.

jarrod

Banned
Infinitemadness said:
Can they get away with putting an Sp in there? I have a feeling Nintendo may make them pull it, despite the free advertising.
Nintendo & Rare are still pretty cozy... I doubt they'll care. Didn't Donkey Kong have a cameo in Grabbed by the Ghoulies?

hirokazu

jarrod said:
Nintendo & Rare are still pretty cozy... I doubt they'll care. Didn't Donkey Kong have a cameo in Grabbed by the Ghoulies?

never played GbtG, but i highly doubt it... that said, these screens are awesome.

----

Banned
Conker was the best platformer that Rare made for the N64. Actually it was one of the few games Rare made for the N64 that I liked mainly because it was the only fast moving game that didn't involve collecting. Conker Reloaded isn't the best looking Xbox game I've seen but it looks very nice. I wish the multiplayer looked as good as the single player though.

Prine

Banned
Grabbed by the Ghoulies did have "From the makers of Donkey Kong Country" stamped on the front of the box art

ge-man

jarrod said:

Not to mention that RARE are still making GB titles. Just because RARE was picked up by MS, that doesn't mean that the whole relationship between them and Nintendo completely ended.

As for Conker, I definately liking what I see. Ghoulies was disappointing and Kameo has never impressed me. Conker looks like a solid title, however. It should do well.

Top Bottom