• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Considering buying UT2K4, but what version?

Matlock

Banned
I see that there are DVD copies of both the "regular" and "Editor's edition," with a $10 difference. Outside of mod authoring (Which I don't really want to do), is the extra $10 for the preloaded mods and the avoided hassle worth it?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I would say no, they aren't worth it. Half of them you won't care about, and the other half you can seek out for yourself.

lexi

Banned
It probably saves a lot of hassle, Installing from 6 CD's is a bitch, and there are a lot of great mods, moreso than Half-Life.

BuddyC

You can download everything included with the Editor's Edition, it just might take some hunting. Regular will also stick you with having to snag a shitload of updates, but that's beyond the point.

Matlock

Banned
Buddy has a valid point.

And for those of you mentioning six CD's, it comes on DVD format in both regular and editor's, just like I said above.

Matlock said:
I see that there are DVD copies of both the "regular" and "Editor's edition," with a $10 difference. Outside of mod authoring (Which I don't really want to do), is the extra $10 for the preloaded mods and the avoided hassle worth it?

No. A number of mods have been updated since that release anyways, so you'll have to download some of them again. I would just save the 10$ and download whatever mods you find interesting on your own.

Matlock

Banned
Uncle Dukey said:
No. A number of mods have been updated since that release anyways, so you'll have to download some of them again. I would just save the 10$ and download whatever mods you find interesting on your own.

And you make a very valid point as well. Hrm.

Alls I know is that the first thing I'm doing after I buy UT2K4 is find Unwheel.

BuddyC

The updates should be really simple to find, once you find a site that has one, they usually have them all. It's just gonna take some time to install them all.

Top Bottom