• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contagion |OT| From Survivor to Undead to Cockroach

Tak3n

Banned
Contagion Full Release 11 Apr 2014 (Steam)

£11.99 $19.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238430

CONTAGION THE GAME Contagion takes place in a fictional world where the original Roanoke Colony thrived up until now. A contagion of unknown origins has infected the locals turning them into a mindless horde of flesh eating zombies It is up to the remaining survivors to escape, extract, or hunt one another if they are to survive the horrors they now face. Contagion isn't your average Zombie Shooter but instead takes a more realistic and different approach to the popular genre with unique characters, environments, weapons, items, and a built in system that makes every round completely unpredictable with resources, objectives, and paths ever changing

ADAPT TO AN EVER CHANGING ENVIRONMENT
With 3 unique game-modes that suggest or insist on co-op to follow a set of randomly generated objectives to escape, or secure a location and extract innocent survivors where the paths and spawns have changed promoting exploration and the need to watch each others back. Of course not everyone is a team player and while having to deal with the same obstacles as before the lack of trust and need for resources in our Hunted game-mode turns survivor against survivor while avoiding the infected... or not

11 Firearms, 1 Crossbow, 2 explosives, 7 melee weapons (more if you count the fact you can kill a zombie with 3 hits from an extinguisher, and each item has melee), and 7 support items. A total of 28 unique inventory items and more on the way in content updates and later Free DLC

What the developers say:

“Contagion has been listed in PCGamer's Best PC Games of 2014 and won 2nd place behind Starbound in this years IndieDB IOTY Awards for being a very entertaining Co-op/PVP Zombie Survival Horror FPS with a strong foundation and attentive developers who answer the hard questions.

2EBD694576490B1A4215CFB5BF0049FFAB3A12DA

945C2F77590B0F95C67FC12DE36A9C472EE7D1B8

3B90D944479E4CDD41D5A92B170C1C1FF546D6D4

Pity bump, game is really neat and incredibly intense in the escape mode so it's a shame it doesn't seem to be getting more attention here. Has come a long way since I last played it in early access.

Salsa

first glance: "oh hey look another one of those"

I mean this game could be great but jesus could you have a more generic name and logo/look when we are literally drowning in SURVIVAL! ZOMBIES! type-games

they should really do a better job to set it apart, if it's as good as some people think

esterk

Yeah game looks kinda cool but will probably get lost in the zombie hype that's been going on forever now.

Had a half off coupon for this so I gave it a try and I found it disappointing. The movement it just realy slow and floaty, and the shooting is alright but the hitboxes on the zombies can be really bad. There is also only two maps that have the cooperative escape game type (where you progress throughout a level to escape by completing objectives) which is really all I was interested in. The one I have played through also is pretty short and the randomization seems mainly where they drop items and had very little change to the actual level progression. If they actually change geometry then it was so subtle it was unnoticeable.

I have no interest in the pvp modes or the rescue NPCs mode which was really barebones so it looks like this was a bad buy for me.

Top Bottom