• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cop who killed Tamir Rice has been fired

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fired for lying on his job application, but not for killing a boy.

Timothy Loehmann, the Cleveland police officer who fatally shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice in 2014, was fired Tuesday not for the shooting but because investigations of the incident found he'd broken rules when he applied to the force.

The officer who was with Loehmann, Frank Garmback, will be suspended for 10 days because he violated tactical rules relating to how he drove to the scene that day, the city's public safety director and the city's police chief said.

An Ohio grand jury declined to criminally charge the officers in 2015.

None of the rules violations announced by Public Safety Director Michael McGrath and Police Chief Calvin Williams directly related to the firing of Loehmann's gun outside a recreation center on November 22, 2014.

Loehmann's violation relates to what he had entered on his application's personal history statement, Williams said without elaborating.

Saroyan

Disgusting that he was still able to be a cop.

also, nice ad

sfWzA62.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's sad that I knew it wouldn't have anything to do with killing that kid before I even opened the thread.
True, but I highly doubt something like this would have ever come back to bite him, if someone really didn't hate him enough to dig it all up - and the reason for that must be that someone didn't like that he killed that kid.

Skilletor

True, but I highly doubt something like this would have ever come back to bite him, if someone really didn't hate him enough to dig it all up - and the reason for that must be that someone didn't like that he killed that kid.

If only there had been some way to know that he was emotionally unstable and unfit to be a cop.

I dunno, like...the reason he was fired from his last job as a cop.

I can't think of a situation where I see a kid and I automatically shoot. I don't care if it seemed like a real gun. No one was around. he wasn't pointing it at anyway. They didn't even try to resolve it.

I can't think of a situation where I see a kid and I automatically shoot. I don't care if it seemed like a real gun. No one was around. he wasn't pointing it at anyway. They didn't even try to resolve it.

In a lot of these cases its that internalized fear of black people especially black men. The former officer who killed Tamir Rice thought he was an adult he was 12 years old. Its also sad as that it took well over two years for them to fire this guy when they knew the entire time that he lied.

Top Bottom