• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could there be a Perfect Dark DS? - Cube Mag

olimario

Banned
GC-INSIDE
http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/148/14810.html

It is said that the British game magazine "CUBE" has carried that rare is under [ development ] saying about "perfect dark one" to for NINTENDO DS rumor according to DS NEWS. This magazine is the degree of credibility although it is said that it is known for carrying various rumor (?). Rare is although it is thought that it is almost certain to develop something to turn NINTENDO DS ...

If this is true, it could lend to the Goldeneye 64 DS port rumor.
I'd like to think this was taken from something other than the rumor section of CUBE Magazine, but there's no telling right now.

MattCoz

If they do make a Goldeneye remake, I doubt Rare would be involved. Collaborations between 2 companies is hard enough, but between Nintendo, EA, and Microsoft?? That would just never work.

olimario

Banned
MattCoz said:
If they do make a Goldeneye remake, I doubt Rare would be involved. Collaborations between 2 companies is hard enough, but between Nintendo, EA, and Microsoft?? That would just never work.

Just like Nintendo, SK, and Konami couldn't work... uh...

MattCoz

I consider that 2, Nintendo and Konami. But if you want to think of it that way, then this is 4 including Rare.

Plus, it seemed much more of a personal collaboration, this would be purely corporate.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
olimario said:
Rare wouldn't necessarily have to be involved in a Goldeneye port; the code is owned by Nintendo, and I'm sure they've got a more-than-capable enough staff to port it over to the DS themselves.

Rare could do it, of course, but they wouldn't have to. Thus, I don't think the possibility of Perfect Dark DS necessarily has anything to do with Goldeneye.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
There is no goldeneye ds port, get over it, the goldeneye game on DS is a form of rogue agent. I doubt this perfect dark rumour is true either unless its some tie-in to the new form of that game that will appear sooner or later on a microsoft console. Both franchises have now changed, goldeneye now refers to an agent with a GOLDEN EYE, and perfect dark, well you've all seen the post nintendo perfect dark art. Any game we see in the foreseeable future will only be referenced to these two new themes.

Ghost said:
There is no goldeneye ds port, get over it, the goldeneye game on DS is a form of rogue agent. I doubt this perfect dark rumour is true either unless its some tie-in to the new form of that game that will appear sooner or later on a microsoft console. Both franchises have now changed, goldeneye now refers to an agent with a GOLDEN EYE, and perfect dark, well you've all seen the post nintendo perfect dark art. Any game we see in the foreseeable future will only be referenced to these two new themes.

And you got proof where?.... If not shout your ass hole..

samusx

Banned
Well a friend of mine that I like to hang out with a lot says it will be the S#it. It will be in and out of everything. We usually spend the night playing together and this PD is going to get everyone so hot. PD is going to be so tight that when. . . oh wait. . . that wasn't what she was talking about.

OH oops, she was talking about DP. Sorry my bad. ^_^'

For any of the less smart people out there, this was a little joke. Continue

Insertia

olimario said:
Just like Nintendo, SK, and Konami couldn't work... uh...

at the time SK was Nintendo. Big difference.

Goldeneye for DS won't happen. Nintendo, M$ and EA would have to be involved. No way that's happening.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
What would nintendo have to do here? Nothing except to license the game on DS. Its not like Rare stopped making GBA games when they went to microsoft. Microsoft has all the reasons to hurt sony's PSP, making quick and easy cash on top of that.

Insertia said:
at the time SK was Nintendo. Big difference.

Goldeneye for DS won't happen. Nintendo, M$ and EA would have to be involved. No way that's happening.

MS/Rare wouldn't have to be involved at all. Nintendo owns the code, EA owns the Bond license. ALl it would take is for either Nintendo (NST?) to either port it themselves or hand it off to one of EA's porthouses.

Insertia

Ninja Scooter said:
MS/Rare wouldn't have to be involved at all. Nintendo owns the code, EA owns the Bond license. ALl it would take is for either Nintendo (NST?) to either port it themselves or hand it off to one of EA's porthouses.

Wasn't Goldeneye(for n64) a property of Rare and not Nintendo?

Culex

Banned
Insertia said:
Wasn't Goldeneye(for n64) a property of Rare and not Nintendo?

The license and rights were Rares, the engine and game itself was Nintendo's. EA owns the license now, therefore Rare has no say in anything anymore.

Prine

Banned
Haha maybe. The core Goldeneye guys left (4 people) im sure there were alot left over for Perfect Dark

jarrod

Banned
Culex said:
The license and rights were Rares, the engine and game itself was Nintendo's. EA owns the license now, therefore Rare has no say in anything anymore.
Nope, Nintendo held the license at the time too... Rare was essentially contract work, which they held no rights over.

Still, not that it matters. Rare is still making handheld games for Nintendo directly (DKC1-3 GBA) and going through other publishers also (THQ). They'll be announcing DS support sooner or later...

Top Bottom