• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could you consider them as friends?

suikodan

DISCLAIMER: I agree, the following is a little psycho but those that are concerned about this will understand. I like games but I have a life, friends, family and a girlfriend.

I was playing SSF2T today and I just realized that this game, among many others, made me feel good.

I watch Ryu and the group fight together and I have so many memories of previous fights with them.

There are some games that I have this familiar feel with them. When I played and finished Mario Sunshine, I was feeling like being with good old friends. Same with Link, Megaman, Ryu Hayabusa and other heros that I saw grow within the last 10-15 years (god I feel old saying that, Ì'm only 26). When I played MGS2 as Raiden, I felt that Solid Snake was like an old friend teaching the ropes to a new guy. And for gamers my age, Solid Snake goes a wayyyy back. :)

As I like to see new games and play new heros, I just feel comfortable playing with those guys. An exemple is I like Mario Golf GCN better than HSGF and one reason is that the crew is familiar and I can sort-of identify myself with being part of the gang. Same as Mario Party.

Do you have any games where you have that kind of feeling?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'll be the first to say: you need a social life.

With that said, yeah...I get this familiar happy feeling when some of my favorite games get sequels, with the same or part of the old cast returning.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pfft. A real friend would return my calls. Ever since they got top billing, those Mario Bros. have been "too good" for their old friends.

Ranger X

It's not related with your social life but maybe more how passionate you are in your game and how far you can dive into it when you play...

Suiko, i definetely feel that kind of things with my games and it's for the same reason as you that i bought Toadstool Tour instead of HSGF!! ;)

aku:jiki

I have a very hard time feeling that about characters that were always current. How can it be a reunion if no one ever left?

However, I did enjoy seeing Jack Wade again in Headhunter 2. Not like I was overjoyed, but it was fun. I think that's a prerequisite for me, anyway, that it must've been a while.

Jokes about social lives is retarded, though. How is this any different from an actor or a musician making a comeback? It isn't!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
suikodan said:
Too late, I already wrote it in my post that I already have friends. :D

Yeah, but are you sure they're real? Maybe they're only after your money...or your virginity?

OK...I'm done messin' around here. :p

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
aku:jiki said:
Jokes about social lives is retarded, though.

I was about to come to the part about "you're not the only one without a social life". But I wasn't feeling up to it tonight. I'm having a "party" with my virtual girlfriends. We're playing hentai games and having crazy sex all night.

Your avatar reminds of the awesome feeling I got when Flik & Vik returned in Suik2. Wouldn't consider them friends though.

Well except Mario. We go way back.

Top Bottom