• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike: Source benchmarks

Izzy

Banned
he-noaa-1280.gif

he-noaa-1600.gif

he-4xaa-1024.gif

he-4xaa-800.gif

he-4xaa-1600.gif

B'z-chan

Banned
Slo said:
How about some benches for those of us that didn't buy videocards in the last 15 minutes?

I demand it. At least do the cards that have been released in the past year or something. I want to know how my 9600xt is gonna handle with HL2 and CS source.

epmode

these benchmarks aren't very interesting when you keep in mind that the beta doesn't even have all of the graphical features turned on. also, half-life 2 will be much more graphics-intensive.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, they even had it running on an Athlon 64 3800+...

Are people really that interested in benchmarks from such high-end systems?

Slo

I definetly am, but I want to see a 9600 and a 9800 thrown in the mix as well, so I can tell if it's worth upgrading.

Takuan

Man, the 6800 GT is such a pimp card.

In case anyone's interested, I get an average of 40 FPS on these specs (dips to 20 in large firefights with smoke, but usually in the 50-60FPS range):

1800+ (1.533Ghz)
512MB RAM
Ti4200 64mb

dark10x

CS:Source doesn't look very impressive at all. I just loaded up several movies on Gamespot and really, it looks like a Quake 3 engine game.

In case anyone's interested, I get an average of 40 FPS on these specs:

Have you played Doom 3? How does the performance compare? I would hope it would be MUCH faster than D3, when one considers how awful this looks in comparison. I mean, if this isn't running perfectly...I fear for HL2 itself. Then again, older nVidia cards really DO seem to run the Source engine pretty poorly...

Yeah, I dunno what's going on with CS:Source. I was really excited at first, but after viewing a lot of videos of it in action, it kinda looks worse than Call Of Duty, for example. Seriously, I think COD's levels all look better. Disappointing, to say the least.

dark10x

Error Macro said:
Yeah, I dunno what's going on with CS:Source. I was really excited at first, but after viewing a lot of videos of it in action, it kinda looks worse than Call Of Duty, for example. Seriously, I think COD's levels all look better. Disappointing, to say the least.

Really, we can only hope that this truly is a test of the netcode and game stability and NOT a graphics test.

Kon Tiki

Banned
dark10x said:
CS:Source doesn't look very impressive at all. I just loaded up several movies on Gamespot and really, it looks like a Quake 3 engine game.

I agree. After all the talk about the physics engine, I was very dissapointed with CSS. I threw a nad in a car, tiny explosion, car did not move. Those basket carts are nade proof too.

Takuan

dark10x said:
Have you played Doom 3? How does the performance compare? I would hope it would be MUCH faster than D3, when one considers how awful this looks in comparison. I mean, if this isn't running perfectly...I fear for HL2 itself. Then again, older nVidia cards really DO seem to run the Source engine pretty poorly...

Doom 3 is playable (I'd wager 15-25 FPS), but CS:S is definitely smoother. Although I should add that I only have one CS:S map on the HD, and that's de_dust. The others could run worse.

Top Bottom