• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike Source screens + Gamespot impressions

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/counterstrikesource/preview_6103815.html

922013_20040730_screen001.jpg

922013_20040730_screen002.jpg

922013_20040730_screen003.jpg

922013_20040730_screen004.jpg

922013_20040730_screen005.jpg

922013_20040730_screen006.jpg

922013_20040730_screen007.jpg

922013_20040730_screen008.jpg

922013_20040730_screen009.jpg

922013_20040730_screen010.jpg

922013_20040730_screen011.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Gone a long way from sitting on bombs to defuse them, and having weapons not disappear from the ground after matches.

SKluck

Banned
Steam is such a piece of shit. I just installed it to try out how DOD is these days, and it freezes during the map loading screen. I can't even play. Precaching and all this bullshit, it for some reason it wants 256MB of ram just for itself? WTF? This game came out in 1998.

mattx5

TheQueen'sOwn said:
Do you have to jump from plank to plank in that bridge?

LOL.

So is this scheduled for release at the same time as HL2? After? I haven't read the impressions yet, I'm going to now.

I can't wait :)

mattx5

So they're getting rid of the riot shield? I haven't played 1.6 (Steam was being a crock), but what was the general opinion on the riot shield? I guess it wasn't well received? :p

miyuru

I'll probably get back into CS for this once I get a nice computer (in a couple years). I don't take PC gaming that seriously, I rather just play the game with settings maxed out with no hassle, i.e. buy a cheap computer in a couple years :p

mattx5 said:
So they're getting rid of the riot shield? I haven't played 1.6 (Steam was being a crock), but what was the general opinion on the riot shield? I guess it wasn't well received? :p

I loved it, it was great to wind people up by letting them try and kill me then popping out my p228 and smacking their head :p Although theres currently a rather nasty bug with it so most servers have it disabled anyway

ourumov

Do you have to jump from plank to plank in that bridge?
Just my thoughts... :)

I don't think it looks bad at all...Long time since I played CS for the last time but I remember it looking much worse.

calder

Most of the shots don't look that much better than CS now, except for the lighting. The last shot shows better environments.

Still, I play nothing but DoD now - CS just doesn't interest me like it did a few years back. Again excep for the lighting DoD now looks better than those CS screens.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So it's based on the Half-life 2 engine? If so, I actually find it a bit underwhelming. Maybe because it's designed for gameplay rather than fascinating surroundings and tight atmosphere? Because the backgrounds do look kind of empty and lifeless.

Kiriku said:
So it's based on the Half-life 2 engine? If so, I actually find it a bit underwhelming. Maybe because it's designed for gameplay rather than fascinating surroundings and tight atmosphere? Because the backgrounds do look kind of empty and lifeless.

That's because they are old CS maps. They wanted to keep the same layout, so they didn't change them to much. But when they'll release new, original maps, they'll use more of the Source power. Now all they can do is make some textures biggers and add some geometry to the backgrounds. They can't do much on the map itself that'll change it too much.

Top Bottom