• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoV Beta Announcement

http://www.plaync.com/about/press_release_102804.html

The program will give priority to those who have been subscribed to City of Heroes the longest. A percentage of slots will be reserved for City of Heroes’ veterans, players who have subscribed to City of Heroes for at least 12 months. Those players will automatically earn a slot as a Villains beta tester. Players with at least six months of time in City of Heroes will receive the next level of priority consideration for the beta testing program. Higher character level is not necessarily an advantage in the selection process.

it was later explained on the boards that if you pre-purchased 12 months of CoH with a CC you get a slot, or if you did it with game cards you get a slot.

Two players -

One has been playing since launch with game cards, month to month. Beta starts and it has been 1 year since CoH launch. (just an example - not saying when the beta is)

He would have 12 "credits" towards beta.

Another player has also been playing since launch but bought 12 months with a credit card. Then they renew for another year as CoV beta comes out.

She would have 12 "credits". No "forward" credits.

Game card or Credit card - doesn't matter.

No, we are not trying to get you to "buy" your way into beta. We are just rewarding those players who have been with us the longest.

A year!? Who can play this game for a year? You can reach the lvl cap and do all the content in 2 months.

Automatically in since I will have 12 months by then.

Cannot wait for SG bases! And PVP! The Halloween event this weekend ROCKS!!!

Somethign else I read on the coH boards...Cov will be and ADDITONAL $15 a month. Of course this could be people over reacting and not reading...naw that never happens on an MMORPG offical board....nah never

Totally untrue. Nowhere on the CoH boards did anyone say this beyond the rumor losers.

PM'd my friend in QA there and she says its total lies.

Top Bottom