• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Criticize my bands music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea seriously M&M,its all good,but the damn vocals totally fuck with your ears and mind and it makes it hard to even enjoy the good stuff.

PS- Sorry I commented on the vocals,but they get in the way.

Ecrofirt

What the hell was the vocalist saying?
"new ho! hoo hah!"
"dashingist dashingist dashingist"
"your mom! Fuck you! Say the word! Save the world!"

What the hell?

is sort of what it sounded like to me.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
lol, 'sall good guys. We know the vocals suck. We all really like the music though. any commentary on that? download "All Is Quiet At The Storefront" at least, and lemme/us know what you think.

i wont even comment on the vocalist, you already know

but music wise i think its ok. it doesn't really jump out at me. it reminds me of a lot of prog rock bands or late 70's metal type stuff. i've heard worse bands open up for some bands i like a lot, so there is still hope. but like i said, i feel like ive heard this stuff a gajillion times. i realize its hard to create innovative music or something that really stands out, but keep it up because you dudes are on the right track

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I sorta here the Tool/Perfect Circle influence in their music.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I actually enjoyed The Great Gatsby.

Thank you FMT for offering a just, yet criticizing opinon. Seriously, thanks.
We covered ATDI's Arcarsenal, and I liked that. But this new stuff is reallly shitty if you include the vocals. We just didn't know if the music itself was that bad.

Again, listen to "All Is Quiet At The Storefront" and lemme know what's wrong with that. thanks.

thats the best of the bunch, but it needs to be fleshed out more. it sounds pretty bare bones and predictable (if music can be predictable). i like the song, i think it has a good vibe and a good base, but now you must take that good foundation and expand it. if i knew the progessions or chords or etc that would impress me guaranteed i'd tell you (and i'd have a full time band of my own as well!) but i'm not sure what it needs. just missing something small. its pretty good as is, but it could be great in time.

but seriously dude, and i know others have said this, you have to edit those vocals out or SOMETHING. all quiet is ok with the vocals because its almost entirely instrumental (i thought it was going to be one at first), but hearing the vocals in those others songs are like making a delicious peanut butter sandwich, but then putting some dog shit in it and saying "ok dude taste my PB&J, but just ignore the poo" you can't do it man it ruins the sandwich case closed

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but hearing the vocals in those others songs are like making a delicious peanut butter sandwich, but then putting some dog shit in it and saying "ok dude taste my PB&J, but just ignore the poo" you can't do it man it ruins the sandwich case closed

:lol

Post again when you have the vocals fleshed out. I don't think the instrumentals sound bad, but like FMT said, I can still taste the poo.

Matrix

" but hearing the vocals in those others songs are like making a delicious peanut butter sandwich, but then putting some dog shit in it and saying "ok dude taste my PB&J, but just ignore the poo" you can't do it man it ruins the sandwich case closed"

And Bingo was his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom