• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crono Resurrection Discontinued

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
epmode said:
george lucas may be the worst person in the world, but it's nice to know that he has no problem with the dozens of fan-made star wars films.
George Lucas rocks and fan-films don't pose a threat to anyone because they're usually pretty amatuerish, rather short and most importantly don't rip-off commercially available material.

Those Chrono Ressurection screens are pretty sweet but we're talking a remake of an existing game. There's no way in hell SquareEnix would ever accept that, and no reason they should.

BuddyC

the amount of disinformation contained in this thread could be considered appalling to those that aren't used to it by now.

EmSeta

Sho Nuff said:
Aside from the fact that Square is no longer with EA following the Square-Enix merger.

Oops.. well I haven't really been following things the last couple of years.

But anyway, as for selling this stuff being impossible.. far from it. Getting someone's attention and convincing him/her there's a return of investment will get anyone far. A selling personality can close such a deal.

The point is here, you're not just selling a promise, you're selling a product.

EmSeta said:
The point is here, you're not just selling a promise, you're selling a product.

No, the point here is you clearly have no idea how the real world works.

EDIT: I feel guilty making fun of someone with such an adorable Bust-a-Groove avatar. That said, there is no fucking way on this planet that an unproven U.S. development team could approach a bureaucratic Japanese company and get carte blanche permission to continue development of one of their star franchises, and if you believe otherwise there is no helping you.

duckroll

This thread can be summed up as:

xfile.gif
marvel%20vs%20capcom2.jpg
answer-no.jpg

EmSeta

JackFrost2012 said:
No, the point here is you clearly have no idea how the real world works.

EDIT: I feel guilty making fun of someone with such an adorable Bust-a-Groove avatar. That said, there is no fucking way on this planet that an unproven U.S. development team could approach a bureaucratic Japanese company and get carte blanche permission to continue development of one of their star franchises, and if you believe otherwise there is no helping you.

Sure, the cultural implications could make things difficult. I take it the US branch of Square-Enix doesn't have much to say regarding development?

Sho Nuff

Banned
EmSeta said:
Sure, the cultural implications could make things difficult. I take it the US branch of Square-Enix doesn't have much to say regarding development?

You're joking, right? I mean, this is all sarcasm, correct?

EmSeta said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zeenbor

For those interested, it was Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix who ordered the C&D letter to be issued. While I will not post the letter, it is interesting to see that the actual ramifications are "injunctive and monetary relief, namely, damages, statutory damages, lost profits, costs, and/or attorneys’ fees." Take that as you will...

That's interesting about the other team's project, though. They've also recently put a lot of hard work into their project...

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I dont really get why people are talking about big companies with all sorts of money to throw around, a C&D is a pretty straightforward and standard form, and no one will ever take one to court, copyrights and trademarks are pretty solid.

Top Bottom