• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dammit Square, where's my Dear Friends concert CD/DVD?

You'd think after the CD version of 20020220 this would be a no-brainer, but as far as I've heard - nothing. And there were some damn good NEW arrangements on this too!

Come on Square, inquiring minds want to know!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Didn't that other concert CD take like half a year to come out? Give them time.

True, but it will be a nice reminder of the event for those who were fortunate enough to attend. And IIRC, the 20020220 CD was released about 3 months after that concert.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The 20020220 CD will still be better cause it won't have fanboys crying over the Final Fantasy I-III piece :p

Wario64 said:
The 20020220 CD will still be better cause it won't have fanboys crying over the Final Fantasy I-III piece :p

Yeah, god forbid someone cheer at a live concert. Fucking fanboys!

Seriously, people keep talking about how out-of-place it was and whatnot, but the event wasn't an opera. It wasn't formal, despite the fact that musicians were playing violins and harps. And really, if that many people are having an emotional reaction so strong that they feel the uncontrollable urge to scream or squeal, I see it as kinda cool, not to mention fitting for a live album. Besides, it lasted for about 3 seconds - the music wasn't ruined and it seemed really funny and great, if ridiculously nerdy, at the time.

bobbyconover said:
Yeah, god forbid someone cheer at a live concert. Fucking fanboys!

Seriously, people keep talking about how out-of-place it was and whatnot, but the event wasn't an opera. It wasn't formal, despite the fact that musicians were playing violins and harps. And really, if that many people are having an emotional reaction so strong that they feel the uncontrollable urge to scream or squeal, I see it as kinda cool, not to mention fitting for a live album. Besides, it lasted for about 3 seconds - the music wasn't ruined and it seemed really funny and great, if ridiculously nerdy, at the time.
Yeah, I actually clapped too. Heat of the moment.

Although I would have clapped harder if it were a piece of music that I wasn't basically sick of. Chocobo's been drilled into my head by now...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm content with the 20020220 CD for now - the rendition of Dear Friends is unbelievable.

But... deep down inside, I will always love Symphonic Suite album. It contains the best ever arrangements on the classic music. Nothing can top the Prelude arrangement on Scene V on the CD (even though I am totally sick of the Prelude).

Top Bottom