• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn you Square Enix!!!!!

citan

Chrono Trigger Ressurection project was canned, square sent them a Cease and Desist order to stop their production of the game.

The game looked really sweet too.

If they where smart, they would hire the team on to finish the project and release it to the public.

Screenshots and a trailer can be found here:

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

duckroll

Strike 1: OLD! http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13367&highlight=chrono+trigger

Strike 2: "Damn you Square Enix for protecting your own copyright! GAMES BELONG TO FANS NOT TO THE CREATORS! BOO HOO!"

Strike 3: "I'm smarter than Square and hence I'm going to TELL THEM WHAT TO DO!" Oh wait, except they're making millions and you're not.

thumbs_down.gif

Yeah damn you for stopping a 'mod' that never would have been released anyway.
Sometimes i wonder why people even do these things, they never get done.
Good way to stir up some fans I guess.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I just don't see the satisfaction in the fan-stuffs. Back when I was in this QBASIC-Make-an-RPG mode, I started out making an homage to one game, but eventually made my own, and it was a lot more satisfying. Despite it looking and playing like utter trash. :D

And Blackace, what the hell are you on, man?

jett

D-Member
duckroll said:
Strike 1: OLD! http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13367&highlight=chrono+trigger

Strike 2: "Damn you Square Enix for protecting your own copyright! GAMES BELONG TO FANS NOT TO THE CREATORS! BOO HOO!"

Strike 3: "I'm smarter than Square and hence I'm going to TELL THEM WHAT TO DO!" Oh wait, except they're making millions and you're not.

thumbs_down.gif

IAWTP. The people behind the project should've knwon this was going to happen. Dur dur dur.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
RevenantKioku said:
And Blackace, what the hell are you on, man?

Sho Nuff knows what I'm talking about thank you very much!

Besides I have been out of the order for a bit.... just finished moving!!! so I'm amped!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
ravingloon said:
I thought this was gonna be about the bullshit price of DQ8 (9280 Yen).
Hah I sorta thought so too, but I forgot that nothing angries the fanboy blood quite like corporations acting like corporations.

Come to think of it that explains the $90 price too. Hm.
Oh well, at least it'll be worth it. Ain't stopping me from getting it, at least.
It'll be amusing to see the sales numbers.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Seriously, though, have you ever known Square to have a group of totally unproven American developers working out of their garages take control of their star IP that costs them a ton of money due to Toriyama's extremely expensive character licensing?

Seriously, people need to stop being retarded, this is not happy magical rainbow Hello Kitty land where huge corporations let fan groups create sequels and Rainbow Brite pulls you over for speeding and gives you a cookie instead of a ticket.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Society said:
Didn't a fan group create CounterStrike?

Did Toriyama charge Valve loads of money for their character models?

Society said:
Crono0.jpg

VS

final-fantasy-vii-dirge-of-cerberus-20040921033844817.jpg

I think SE made the right choice....*snicker*

Oh stfu. As if that's applicable . one's off the PS2 and the other probably some highend or robust PC. Once the specs gets upgraded next gen, the SE screens will be hell of a lot better.

See: Kingdom Hearts 2 screen.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This sucks, but the CT remix creators should take their resources, make modifications, and come up with an all new original adventure... that'll benefit everybody.

But I was always under the impression that these guys were making the CT remix to try and show to S-E as a "portfolio" of sorts.

And Duckroll, wtf's your problem?

Crono0.jpg

VS

915410_20040924_screen011.jpg

UH OH

Dirge of Cerberus looks like crap THEREFORE Square should hand over development of one of their primary IPs to an untested group of American fanboys with no real world experience is HELLACIOUSLY FALLACIOUS. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

citan

duckroll said:
Strike 1: OLD! http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread....=chrono+trigger

For Strike 1: Sorry didn't know

Strike 2: I figured Square would show good PR and try and support fans who are trying to do cool things with their older games that, unless they are planning on re-releasing, really shouldn't care. Espically since they aren't selling the game anymore.

Strike 3: Hey, at least I own my own company, and I am trying to make millions. If I where a high muckety muck in SE, I would definatly hire them on to finish making the remix. Crono Trigger was one of their all time best sellers!

firex

If I were somebody at square-enix I would sue every person on the internet named after a character from one of their video games for copyright infringement.

Vargas

citan said:
For Strike 1: Sorry didn't know

Strike 2: I figured Square would show good PR and try and support fans who are trying to do cool things with their older games that, unless they are planning on re-releasing, really shouldn't care. Espically since they aren't selling the game anymore.

Strike 3: Hey, at least I own my own company, and I am trying to make millions. If I where a high muckety muck in SE, I would definatly hire them on to finish making the remix. Crono Trigger was one of their all time best sellers!

You can still buy Final Fantasy Chronicles which does include Chrono Trigger.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If that mod groups IQ exceeded their shoesize they would have gotten SE's consent BEFORE starting it.

So fucking dumb.

Zilch

Banned
Guys, I just can't figure this out. Why wouldn't Square Enix hire a bunch of american dudes (who are probably already employed at game companies) to remake one of their games?!

:D

snapty00

Banned
Schafer said:
If that mod groups IQ exceeded their shoesize they would have gotten SE's consent BEFORE starting it.

So fucking dumb.
And if they were really smart, they would've made it, shut up about it, and released it quietly. Stuff can propagate throughout the Internet without ever knowing the source.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I just bought FF chronicles in support of square and their successful suppression of this unlawful robbery of intellectual property (actually it was because it was $15)

xsarien

daedsiluap
firex said:
If I were somebody at square-enix I would sue every person on the internet named after a character from one of their video games for copyright infringement.

And you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in that case.

Top Bottom