• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damned Saturn won't auto-load games

belgurdo

Banned
Apparently my father's been trying to play Virtua Cop for the last hour but the machine just hangs at the system menu, and it's been so long since I played a Saturn that I don't know how the games load up from it. Any help?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there should be a "run application (or something)" icon with two circling arrows on it. i think it's in the top left corner. but if it won't auto-load, it probably won't load at all.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
your lithium battery might be dead as well, which is why it might be going to the menu in the first place.

Tsubaki

Unless you're using a Pro Action Replay or something, it shouldn't go to the Boot Up screen in the first place.

But if you get there, isn't the dead center button the Play disc option? You can just hit Start. It's possible that it's not reading the Virtua Cop disc correctly... have you tried other games?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think start application is the upper left button.

When my first saturn's lens motor died this happened as well. Hope it's just a dead battery or dirty disc.

GamerXL

I looooooved the Saturn! Some of my favorite all-time games on that system. Y'know, I fired up Panzer Dragoon Saga (my 2nd favorite RPG after Skies of Arcadia) about 8 months ago, and as much as I adore that game, I couldn't take the low frame rate and 1998 graphics.

Guardian Heroes aged a lot better though.

belgurdo

Banned
I just replaced the battery and cleaned the discs/screen. I think the laser assembly might be dead, as when it says "checking game" it just hangs for like 10 seconds then starts music mode

Crack the fucker open and trip the lid switch. My SS had a broken lid switch, and it suffered just like yours. I made like ghetto Macgyver and duct-taped the switch down on the inside, and now it's all gravy.

Don't give up on the lens yet.

Top Bottom