• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damnit, scratched my Doom 3 CD.

When I play Doom 3, it crashes to the desktop after a few minutes of play. At first I thought it was a hardware issue, that my system was overheating. I checked my temps, they were very cool. Then I opened it up to see if there was any dust, there wasn't. I ran a bunch of of spyware programs, and anti virus. All clean. I also have no problem with any other game crashing.

Then I remembered that I dropped my doom 3 cd a few days ago and have only had this problem since then. I checked the cd, and sure enough a few scratches that aren't going anywhere. So, I figure my problem is the Doom 3 cd is damaged. Is there anyway to get around this? Or do I have to buy a whole new game...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This is a case where I would not feel any remorse for downloading an ISO of the disc, burning it and using that. You paid for the game, you have a legit serial number etc. and the damage was accidental.

Chony

wallofice.gif

Thanks for the advice, Scola. I'll read up on how to do that if it comes to it.

Not sure, Shompola. I don't think my EB would take the game back now. I guess I could send it in to ID, but that would probably be awhile without the game.

Insertia

Times like that remind me how great no-cd's are.

My Age of Empires II cd pretty much blew up inside of my CD drive (fell off track or something). I thought I would have to buy the game again, but no, a no-cd fixed it. runs smoother without the cd too. :)

are no-cd's considered piracy?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
In the case of Doom 3, your better off just chucking it in the trash and forgetting you ever wasted money on that trash.

Top Bottom