• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Bundle... with what?

Laurent

I am planning a surprise for my girlfriend's anniversary, and will give her DDR Extreme and a dance pad as gift. I saw the "Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Bundle" item on EB Games but there is nothing about a dance pad bundled with the game mentionned on it's description. Since there is a new Eye Toy support, I was wondering what exactly was bundled with that game; a dance pad or an Eye Toy?

Laurent

Nikashi said:
99.9% chance they mean a mat, because Konami ALWAYS releases a mat/game bundle for their DDR games.
Does Konami MAKE their own mat? I haven't saw any "official" Konami dance mat for sale online... Who did the first mat back with DDR on PSX?

BuddyC

Laurent said:
Does Konami MAKE their own mat? I haven't saw any "official" Konami dance mat for sale online... Who did the first mat back with DDR on PSX?
Konami. They did a bundle for DDR on PSX, and then one for DDR Ultramix on Xbox. I dunno about Max, Max 2, Konamix or Disney Mix bundles though.

It's definately just a Game + Mat combo though.

And yes, it's Konami made. They sold it sepeartely in stores for a bit around the time DDR on PSX hit, but it was pretty scarce. Hence the abundance of cheaper (both in price and quality) pads.

explodet

Kobun Heat said:
I love how Konami USA has botched up their handling of DDR to the point that people ask if Konami even makes DDR pads.
I'm frankly surprised DDR is as popular as it is despite some of the mistakes Konami USA has made.

Laurent

There are absolutely no Konami dance pads available in Canada. Because the booklet instructions aren't translated in french, the only dance mats that are available here are Britney's Dance Beat pad and Mad Catz pad (which is basicly the same)...

Top Bottom