• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Game/Pad for GameCube from Mad Catz

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Jonathan says: I'm floored. This has been a long time coming, but no one expected it to come from Mad Catz. The song list looks decent, too. Will this convince Konami to release a version of DDR?
dontholdyourbreath.jpg

Prospero

If they make the software available by itself (for $30), I'll buy a Playcube adaptor to hook my BNS pad up to the GC--otherwise, no sale.

Dance UK sold like 500.000+ on PSone and PS2 even though it was by far the worst dancing game ever released (including Britney's Dance Beat) so obviously there must be some money in it.

Hero

I'd laugh if Get on Da Floor came out and sold incredibly well since it's the only dancing game on GCN and then Konami's higher ups announced a DDR for GCN, saying that they re-evaluated the user base and the market.

Hero said:
I'd laugh if Get on Da Floor came out and sold incredibly well since it's the only dancing game on GCN and then Konami's higher ups announced a DDR for GCN, saying that they re-evaluated the user base and the market.

Don't count on it. Get on da Mic sucks donkey balls and will bomb, it and Get on da Floor are multi and Eidos won't even publish both titles for Gamecube in Europe, Dancing Stage's 2nd greatest market after Japan.

jarrod

Banned
Hero said:
And the GameCube would get... DDR Disney Revolution. :/

Guns N' Poops said:
Don't count on it. Get on da Mic sucks donkey balls and will bomb, it and Get on da Floor are multi and Eidos won't even publish both titles for Gamecube in Europe, Dancing Stage's 2nd greatest market after Japan.
Yeah, amazing considering Eidos' historical fondness for all things Nintendo.

M3wThr33

Banned
jarrod said:
And the GameCube would get... DDR Disney Revolution. :/

Yeah, amazing considering Eidos' historical fondness for all things Nintendo.
Considering the N64 had Disney Dance Museum, it would make an odd bit of sense.

ChrisReid

Ugh, I've wanted this for so long.. yet I already have four xbox dance mats and four gamecube bongos.. and I really don't want to spend $200 to play this. :/

ChrisReid said:
Ugh, I've wanted this for so long.. yet I already have four xbox dance mats and four gamecube bongos.. and I really don't want to spend $200 to play this. :/

Well, the game is only 1-2 player, and mats are being sold separately, so the most you could spend on this game would be $80...

AirBrian

Michael "TYP" says: I'm just as floored by Nintendo's continued cooperation with a variety of third party hardware manufacturers. Majesco headphones, Logitech steering wheels, this dance pad...it all goes against my image of NOA and its seal of approval.
:lol :lol

ChrisReid

Jonnyboy117 said:
Well, the game is only 1-2 player, and mats are being sold separately, so the most you could spend on this game would be $80...

Wha? Only two players? Thanks, now I don't have to consider it. Same thing killed Taiko on the PS2 for me.

CVXFREAK said:
Now if only someone would make a GameCube lightgun.

Demand for revamped NES lightgun and/or SuperScope successor = insanely high

in my house anyway.
That would be so freakin awesome I would actually cry. And I frown on such pitiful displays of emotion in anything other than bereavement. So that says a lot!

Nintendo! You can doooo it!

Alcibiades

This is going to be a big hit...

when I was working, people were always asking for this stuff on GCN, but we only had it on PS2...

the success of Donkey Konga might help this, as will the fact that they'll have a good-priced bundle for it...

Jonnyram

CVXFREAK said:
Now if only someone would make a GameCube lightgun.
Unfortunately noone has developed one that will work with plasma/LCD screens, and I don't think anyone will for a long time as the technology would be too expensive for home use. Because of this, there's not going to be as many lightgun games as there used to be.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The soundtrack is pretty decent too.

Top Bottom