• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Pads that are cheap and somewhat decent?

Do you guys and gals know of any dance pads for the DDR games for PS2 that are somewhat cheap (less than $50) and still work ok? No slipping, etc. These probably don't exist, but I thought I'd ask anyways..

Dyne

I still don't see what everyone's problem is with soft pads! My Madcatz that I got back in September is perfectly FINE. Sure, it developed a couple rips (probably from me taking it all the way to Idaho, Oregon, and California..) but I can easily ace Heavy songs.

If I can do it, so can everybody else. o_O

pilonv1

I picked up a soft pad from lik-sang for around AUS$13 and it's brilliant. Much better than the "official" ones I've seen packed in Dancing Stage.

bjork

Bought some bootleg dancepad like three years ago... had an 8 yr old asian girl holding a knockoff Guitar Freaks controller on the box...

Anyway, taped that down on some plywood and covered it with thick clear plastic dropcloth, and it's fine. May occasionally miss a step or two, but I've never heard of any home pad being failsafe (except maybe the konamistyle one, but good luck scoring one of those).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
bjork said:
Bought some bootleg dancepad like three years ago... had an 8 yr old asian girl holding a knockoff Guitar Freaks controller on the box...

Anyway, taped that down on some plywood and covered it with thick clear plastic dropcloth, and it's fine. May occasionally miss a step or two, but I've never heard of any home pad being failsafe (except maybe the konamistyle one, but good luck scoring one of those).

One of the boxes I saw had some ugly girl wearing high heels on a dance pad. lmao

Top Bottom