• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Day-Lewis is back to acting

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
HYPE

The 67-year-old British actor quit acting after starring in Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2017 film Phantom Thread, and has largely stayed out of public life since.

But he is now set to star in a film titled Anemone, directed by his son Ronan Day-Lewis, US independent production company Focus Features confirmed on Tuesday.

The film will feature actors including Sean Bean, Samantha Morton, Samuel Bottomley and Safia Oakley-Green, and is currently shooting in Manchester.
Father and son wrote the screenplay, which “explores the intricate relationships between fathers, sons and brothers, and the dynamics of familial bonds”, Focus Features said.
Daniel Day-Lewis made his screen debut as a teenager in Sunday Bloody Sunday before moving on to a number of memorable period drama roles, including as Hawkeye in The Last Of The Mohicans.

He is known for his dedication to method acting, and has won three best actor Oscars, for playing disabled Irish writer Christy Brown in My Left Foot, oil man Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood and Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln.

Day-Lewis was made a knight bachelor of the British empire by the Duke of Cambridge in 2014.

In June 2017 it was announced he was retiring from acting, months before Phantom Thread was released

🥳🥳🥳

Not really shocked when he cowrote the script with his son and his son is directing. Best of luck to them….

giphy.gif

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Man is good at what he does but I’ll be curious to see if he’s still got it.

I have a feeling the movie will be shit but his performance will be good.

INC

How does someone not like There Will Be Blood? :messenger_dizzy:

It's a pretty boring movie tbh, beautifully shot granted, but you're literally watching because everyone wanks over his "method acting", so you think it's a good film, because everyone raves about said acting. But in reality it's pretty dull viewing, unless you're a film student (this is just my opinion) looking for the bland sub text, you're all welcome to carry on drinking the cool-aid about it tho, or should I say milkshake

Come to think of it, there's not single DDL film I'd choose to watch repeatedly, except last of the mohicans

I'm.sure there's more, but I can't think of many, that's how over rated I think he is, and don't say gangs of new York, that's another meh film.

Last edited:
Top Bottom