• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danish Halo 2 review

u_neek

Halo 2 love all around the world

http://www.gamereactor.dk/texter/?id=58363&PHPSESSID=4d37b99a0211e8d9d846d867ae1e1650

10/10 (surprise)

halo2_4839.jpg

halo2_4844.jpg

halo2_4847.jpg

Littleberu said:
Woh, these capture are ugly. What's up with that?

I thought the little one and the last one were quite decent. Those areas look like they'll be awesome fun to mess about in.

We're just spoilt by unrealistic 9000 x 9000 renders or whatever they put out these days :D

radioheadrule83 said:
I thought the little one and the last one were quite decent. Those areas look like they'll be awesome fun to mess about in.

You're spoilt by unrealistic 9000 x 9000 renders or whatever they put out these days :D

Nono, that's no it. It's just blurred as hell. And jaggies. I thought jaggies were PS2 exclusive.

Littleberu said:
Nono, that's no it. It's just blurred as hell. And jaggies. I thought jaggies were PS2 exclusive.

:lol

true. I see what you mean of course... I'm thinking it could be a consumer capture card a bit like mine. Pitiful deinterlacing... probably a PAL version meaning likely not pro-scan, coming through a card in normal resolution and not having the scanlines there to make it look nice.

Far cry from the press shots they release...

edit: still haven't commented on the score. I don't normally like to see perfect scores, but if Edge and GamesTM are willing to do the same, the game probably deserves the hype..

halo2_4844.jpg

omg....i have been keeping myself away from alot of the pictures and videos so i dont spoil myself but damn...thats awesome (the enviroment that is).

ced

SyNapSe said:
I hadn't ever seen that forest looking level. Nifty!

I dont even think thats a forest level, Ive seen screens of one more fitting to that description.

Solid

Let's see if I can translate this right despite being a Swede.

+
Superb graphic
Very deep and fun gameplay, in both singel as multiplayer

-
You must really know the story from the first Halo to understand everything in this one

u_neek

Deepthroat said:
Let's see if I can translate this right despite being a Swede.

+
Superb graphic
Very deep and fun gameplay, in both singel as multiplayer

-
You must really know the story from the first Halo to understand everything in this one

Pretty much, yes ;)

thorns

Banned
I'm not even going to read any of the reviews, to not spoil anything for myself since i'm buying the game anyway. The scores will be enjoyable though :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
109975343158241.jpg

best screen ever. i need a wall paper of that, you hear me bungie?

Joe

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
From the Sunday comics:

hc041107.gif
haha, that is awesome. not the comic but the fact that halo2's release made it to a mainstream comic that will be read in almost every paper.

and chalk up yet ANOTHER perfect 10 for the mighty halo2.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Littleberu said:
The number of games with proper FSAA this gen can probably be counted on one hand. These screens are framebuffer dumps taken with a debug unit. This is what the game actually looks like as rendered by the Xbox.

Top Bottom