• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Samus?

SantaC

I haven't read alot of things on Metroid Prime 2 due to spoilers, but I am wondering what Dark Samus role is in the game?

Is she hunting you sorta like Sax did in Fusion, or is she is the game for other reasons?

Whatever it is, I bet she will team up with you in the end? :D

She sure has a kickass design.

Buggy Loop

SantaCruZer said:
I haven't read alot of things on Metroid Prime 2 due to spoilers, but I am wondering what Dark Samus role is in the game?

Is she hunting you sorta like Sax did in Fusion, or is she is the game for other reasons?

Whatever it is, I bet she will team up with you in the end? :D

She sure has a kickass design.

She's metroid prime, you know, a game without metroid prime wouldnt make sense, would it? If you finished the original metroid prime with 100% item collection, you get the special ending where there's an hand coming out of the phazon/metroid goo thats black and human like, covered with armor much like samus' suit and its black, there's an eye that opens in the middle of the hand and it says "the end?"

And no, you wont team up :p

Kon Tiki

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
She's metroid prime, you know, a game without metroid prime wouldnt make sense, would it? If you finished the original metroid prime with 100% item collection, you get the special ending where there's an hand coming out of the phazon/metroid goo thats black and human like, covered with armor much like samus' suit and its black, there's an eye that opens in the middle of the hand and it says "the end?"

And no, you wont team up :p

Ya that would be too similiar to Metroid II and Metroid III.

Claus

Banned
Tritroid said:
How is that similar to either of them?

I think he's referring to the Metroid befriending Samus and then helping her out later when she fights Mother Brain.

AniHawk

Claus said:
I want to know how Dark Samus gets from a
collapsing Tallon IV
to Aether.

Tallon IV didn't explode, just the whole secret area/ruins you were in. Plus it has the Phazon suit... it's gotta be a tad powerful.

I have to say, I'm not hot for the idea of yet another evil Samus, with Metroid Fusion and all, but if the story is decent enough (basically, if the connection between part 1 and 2 is compelling enough) it might all work out.

Also, I gotta ask SantaCruZer, what's the deal with your avatar? It's awesome!

Dragmire

I know. Evil Samus again. Fusion takes place way after Echoes, but strangely she never ever mentioned the Dark Samus after encountering the Sa-X (assuming that we even accept it happened!). I know it's a prequel and
Retro already (mistakenly) alluded to it in the 100% ending of Prime which came around the same time as Fusion.
But the story was going so well in NCL's hands, really. I hate that Retro is just making excuses for stories while NCL actually progressed past Metroid 3's story.

That said, I'm seriously looking forward to the game. I can almost forgive it, too, since Prime was also a throwaway story, for the most part. We can pretend like these plotlines never existed when NCL takes control of Metroid back and makes a third person game. Retro's gameplay is very good for Metroid in first person, but I'd rather have Metroid in the hands of someone that won't destroy part of its integrity.

Top Bottom