• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's true until he transforms.

I one shot him (and im shit) by staying underneath him / behind him. So unless this is another case of bloodborne "game is bugged and bosses have less attacks", it works :/

So how does the password co-op system supposed to work?
If you want to co-op with someone specific do you both need to enter the same password at the settings screen or?

Because for about 30 min now friend and I trying to connect but we don't see each other summon signs.

And if we don't use a password we get summoned to someone else before we see each other signs.

Any info about this?
Anyone?
because password system might be broken right now?

Onemic

I one shot him (and im shit) by staying underneath him / behind him. So unless this is another case of bloodborne "game is bugged and bosses have less attacks", it works :/

Died to him about 10 times trying to use the strategy of staying underneath him like in his first form. Id go under him and he'd do an attack that has a hitbox underneath him as well(I think it's the attack where he does 2 really large sweeps), which would two shot me. Only way I was able to beat his second form was to use my fireballs and attack him from far away.

gryvan

Anyone?
because password system might be broken right now?

You set up the password
You put down a white soapstone somewhere where your friend can find it.

Your friend finds the sign and once he clicks it, it prompts him to enter a password which you set up at settings
After that your friend summons you into his world.

MUnited83

For you.
ah yes that important platinum trophy... on STEAM

at least specify that you are talking about achievements / trophies and little else when you say "omg dont use boss souls". Gameplay wise what I said is absolutely true
Eh, if it is like the other games in the series, there's not a single boss soul that is worth the tradeoff for souls instead of the unique weapons.

TitusTroy

is there an easier way to get to...

the cursed tree boss...I either have to go through that annoying archer or deal with that giant rat in the sewer...I want to be able to just run to the boss without having to fight anyone...is there another way?...or do I need to kill the archer first before fighting the tree?

E92 M3

the cursed tree boss...I either have to go through that annoying archer or deal with that giant rat in the sewer...I want to be able to just run to the boss without having to fight anyone...is there another way?...or do I need to kill the archer first before fighting the tree?

You don't like branching paths?

You set up the password
You put down a white soapstone somewhere where your friend can find it.

Your friend finds the sign and once he clicks it, it prompts him to enter a password which you set up at settings
After that your friend summons you into his world.
Yeah been trying that off c but not really helping very much.
reddit user seems to have the same problem might be related that its super busy around big hubs right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4ehfq8/for_those_still_struggling_with_finding_friends/

vladdamad

You might be missing a bonfire (third one in the list of four). There is a run that you can make that doesn't involve fighting any enemies at all on your way to the boss.

Mendrox

Just do that now:

-> Go through the sewers and just ignore the rats and run past them
-> go up the ladder
-> go over the bridge in front of you
-> follow the way to the tower
-> take the elevator up and talk to the NPC
-> no more arrows
-> New area to the next true boss if you take the elevator completely down
-> Tree is optional

Buuuut, that is also the shortest way to the boss:

-> Through the sewers
-> Ladder up
-> Go the left way to the boss and run past everything easy peazy

Don't fight everything always.

My collectors edition just got delivered, and god damn it comes in a flimsy as fuck box. I'm surprised it isn't more destroyed then it is from shipping.

Really envying eurofolk right now.

The whole, the game is in reverse thing. Firelink shrine hub being in the future, and the rest of the world we explore being the past

It actually took me awhile to figure that out. Nice to see that these games are always referencing Solaire and his dialogue.

Partially kidding with the Solaire thing, but I do believe he's the only character in the first game to actually reference it directly that most players will actually meet their first time through the game.

Audioboxer

Anyone know how to get a lightning urn early? You'll probably know what I want it for! heh.

Also when does a seed from the giant tree finally fall?

Daft Punk

Banned
Ok, is fat axe guy in the square below of Area 1 just the same strategy as the Tutorial Boss? He seems faster than the boss and I've just been running away from him.

Putty

Feels great to be back into the wonderful world that From create. I only really played BB from their catalogue and loved the life out of if it of course. This feels utterly familiar. Art style is simply joyous...

Mandelbo

Just got C
rystal Sage
done - was there a shortcut back to the bonfire that I missed? I did the fight with only one estus flask and a ton of souls!

The areas really are massive this time around, though, a far cry from most of Dark Souls 2's areas. I imagine I've already overlooked quite a lot in the areas I've done.

By the way, is it worth levelling up the Brigand Axe? It looks like the Bandit Axe from DS2, and a regular axe is what I want - is it better than the Battle Axe?

Dimmle

Love that Bandit's Knife. I'll probably have to retire it at some point for a katana, though. Haven't found the one that everyone says is early game.

lionpants

Just got C
rystal Sage
done - was there a shortcut back to the bonfire that I missed? I did the fight with only one estus flask and a ton of souls!

The areas really are massive this time around, though, a far cry from most of Dark Souls 2's areas. I imagine I've already overlooked quite a lot in the areas I've done.

By the way, is it worth levelling up the Brigand Axe? It looks like the Bandit Axe from DS2, and a regular axe is what I want - is it better than the Battle Axe?
There's a second bonfire in the swamp, past the two crabs to the left.

thaDeeg

Neo Member
ahh.. the good ole 4 hours of sleep, chug through work, play more Souls routine. delerium has set in. immediately plunge attacked Hawkwood's dumbass sitting outside Firelink. now he's dead. hope I didn't miss a big storyline...

So this third boss
Greatwood
is starting to get annoying. The boss itself is actually pretty easy for the most part but
taking the patch past the dude launching spears at you is a pain.
About 1 in 10 runs end up with me even getting to the tree instead of getting stuck at the doorway and mashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom