• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, put some points into strength and dex to the point you can use a good weapon you enjoy. In case you haven't been paying attention, sorcerer is very underpowered right now. Even near the end of the game when it starts becoming viable, it's completely unviable on some of the end game bosses. Pick a weapon you like and either make it raw then buff it yourself, or infuse it with magic scaling once you get that ability.

Yeah I have heard that but it's a class I've always wanted to play and I've watched a few videos of guys online and it seems decent for the most part. I always do a Knight-ish character so figured I'd try this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Damn the first area you warp to is hard as hell. Never had this many deaths in an eary Souls area. Even scrub enemies are assholes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I wouldn't avoid Sorcerer in any case. It's still a very fun build to play but yes, it's essentially Very Hard mode for most of the game. They'll obviously patch it though. It's borderline unplayable at moments but that's what makes it fun.

But yeah, this is the worst magic has ever been. Damage feels like guns in Bloodborne.

Well I have had about 10 crashes, I got to after first boss and I have to stop playing its making me go crazy. It's not even the games fault, I have been having this issue in everything I am playing recently. I think its AMD beta drivers that are doing it, I tried rolling back but I don't know the last stable one I used.

I have to stop now, its really ruined the start of the game for me.

Ristlager

Ok got a question about boss three
Greatwood. I hit the weak spots at the front and got the second stage, hit the front again, then the back, then the right hand but I couldn't find any more places to hit. What did I miss?

Just hit his hand until it dies, you don't need to hit the other spots, but you get a nice bonus damage when you clear them.

Try
the hand that popped out in stage two. And I think there are some other spots you can hit that look a little different.

Yeah that was the one, gonna be tough getting at it though since it's lethal. Gotta find an attack I can bait him into.

Just hit his hand until it dies, you don't need to hit the other spots, but you get a nice bonus damage when you clear them.

Ah good to know. I'd been trying to avoid it since it normally ends in death.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have only been using the uchi so far does it improve much with high dex and upgrades?
Yeah, it does. Make sure to infuse it so that it scales considerably with DEX.

MUnited83

For you.
Parrying in DS3 is harder than any other game in the series. It's still fairly useful for pvp, but parrying in PVE is VERY difficult. Not only is the timing window very small, but the lead up to enemy attacks is much shorter in this game because of how sped up the combat is (Bloodborne influence).
Personally so far all the parryable enemies have been pretty simple to parry. Bloodborne was harder imo

The fire keeper in question is the NPC you level up with. The soul is at the very top of the tower, can't miss it. If you stick with the Yoel questline however, you will eventually get the ability to buy items that cure hollowing for much cheaper then healing through the firekeeper.

tower key ----> fire keeper soul on top of tower ---> give to firekeeper ---->heal dark sigil(this part can cost a lot of souls and will only cost more as you hollow further. also purging stones will reverse hollowing.

That's the way to cure it, just follow the tower up, get the item, then talk to the fire keeper. However, I'd recommend finishing leveling up with Yoel before you do it, because you are going to cancel his entire storyline if you end it prematurely. Also, there's an item you can get from a different NPC soon after doing the Yoel stuff which purges the hollowness out of you. Even if you have the firekeeper fix your current hollowness, you still need to use that item to purge hollowness off of your appearance.

Hmm, so
if I do Yoel's storyline I can still get rid of the look? I've just never been a fan of the silly hollow look and voice, so I'd like to avoid it if possible. Sounds like I might as well do the side quest though? And if I'm "cured" I still need to manage deaths/the beef jerkiness of my character? That's kind of a pain, but that's Souls I suppose. I just want to get rid of it without rerolling so I don't sound like I'm yelling through a cardboard tube every time I die :p

Ladekabel

Is there only one try for the katana guy next to Firelink Shrine? I got chopped to death and when I respawned, there was a fog wall at the enterance. After a minute or so, the wall disappeared and when I walked where the guy was, there were his items.

Lulubop

Well I have had about 10 crashes, I got to after first boss and I have to stop playing its making me go crazy. It's not even the games fault, I have been having this issue in everything I am playing recently. I think its AMD beta drivers that are doing it, I tried rolling back but I don't know the last stable one I used.

I have to stop now, its really ruined the start of the game for me.

Turn the lighting setting to low

Is there only one try for the katana guy next to Firelink Shrine? I got chopped to death and when I respawned, there was a fog wall at the enterance. After a minute or so, the wall disappeared and when I walked where the guy was, there were his items.

He probably fell to his death; if you haven't killed him, he will keep spawning there until you do.

Ice9

Going STR was a mistake, I have found way, way cooler DEX weapons so far. Are there any good STR items that aren't as slow as molasses? Right now I'm rocking a Claymore and a Broadsword, maybe there is another item like the Broadsword that uses STR and moves relatively faster? Claymore is slow but doable, can't really play with a much slower weapon that that (although stun is sure nice)

Also, can I safely delve a bit into Pyromancies without having any magic stats? It would be fun to mess around with those.

Ricker

You guys manage to always do a kick on the PS4...works 1 out of 5 times for me,oh well,rented this to see how far I can play this time...never finished a Souls/Borne game and it sure looks like that wont change lol...I will enjoy it till that roadblock.

zsynqx

Game is great so far, combat feels so nice. In the forest area with the
giant crab.

Biggest complaint so far is that each area feels separate from the others; I miss the interconnected world of Das1 :(

Hmm, so
if I do Yoel's storyline I can still get rid of the look? I've just never been a fan of the silly hollow look and voice, so I'd like to avoid it if possible. Sounds like I might as well do the side quest though? And if I'm "cured" I still need to manage deaths/the beef jerkiness of my character? That's kind of a pain, but that's Souls I suppose. I just want to get rid of it without rerolling so I don't sound like I'm yelling through a cardboard tube every time I die :p

without healing it through the fire keeper you will still become hollow as you die more. The item that reverses hollowing is just like a cosmetic reset.

Sylas

Going STR was a mistake, I have found way, way cooler DEX weapons so far. Are there any good STR items that aren't as slow as molasses? Right now I'm rocking a Claymore and a Broadsword, maybe there is another item like the Broadsword that uses STR and moves relatively faster? Claymore is slow but doable, can't really play with a much slower weapon that that (although stun is sure nice)

Also, can I safely delve a bit into Pyromancies without having any magic stats? It would be fun to mess around with those.

Strength weapons are almost universally slow. There are a few neat ones, but the majority of "fast" weapons are gonna be Dexterity.

Pyromancy scales off of intelligence and faith, so I wouldn't snag anything unless you wanna pump those stats up/just wanna use it for pulling purposes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking down (
Watchers
), literally screamed like a loon, holy shit my heart is racing. I wiped an hour or so ago on 1% and it has been shit tries ever since. I don't remember any boss being that hard in Bloodborne apart from maybe the last.

Xiraiya

hJhQAf.png
After several restarts, I'm finally happy with my character.

Vuze

Yeah that was the one, gonna be tough getting at it though since it's lethal. Gotta find an attack I can bait him into.
I drained the last few HP from him by using bow and baiting him from the distance lol
You guys manage to always do a kick on the PS4...works 1 out of 5 times for me,oh well,rented this to see how far I can play this time...never finished a Souls/Borne game and it sure looks like that wont change lol...I will enjoy it till that roadblock.
I accidently do kicks on my XO controller lol. Kinda whacky button config for both, kick and jump attack... Wish I had the XO Elite, I guess you could just bind it to the back pedals?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hmm, so

If you want it spelled out clearly:

Every time Yoel levels you up, you get a 'Dark Sigil' in your key items. Every time you die, you get 1 point of hollowing for every Dark Sigil you're holding. What the firekeepers fix does is clear the dark sigils out, but doesn't clear your actual hollowing stat. You'll get the ability to buy purging stones which do clear your hollowing. So what you want to do is get all the levels Yoel will give you. Then heal yourself of the dark sigils and then purge your hollowness. With the sigils gone, you won't go hollow anymore when you die.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoooo we Bloodborne now fam

8SD6tIA.png
yRJlH6Q.png

Welp im fashionSouls now, screw heavy armor lol

E92 M3

Game is great so far, combat feels so nice. In the forest area with the
giant crab.

Biggest complaint so far is that each area feels separate from the others; I miss the interconnected world of Das1 :(

Actually, they are connected beautifully. One I stopped and looked around the world and it makes a lot of sense.

MGrant

Huh. In (second area)
Undead Settlement
I just accidentally skipped a locked door by being knocked off a high bridge by an enemy. The fall didn't kill me, and the area is entirely optional, but still cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom