• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citadel

Anyone streaming (or know of a stream) right from the beginning of the game? I'm around there myself, but I won't be able to leave work for... another 8 hours. Really itching to play, but since I can't... I'll watch a good stream

This game is way harder than any other Souls game for me. Jesus. I'm in the
The Undead Settlement
and lots enemies are kicking my ass. The regular mobs aren't bad, but the "special" enemies are crazy, especially the
fat spellcaster lady
...what a pain. I got to the third boss, but have immense trouble even getting up to the fog door because of the damn
giant arrows

I'm not sure if I'm underleveled or my weapon is just shitty (using Estoc +1 for now. I haven't leveled it up because I want to try a bunch before I commit).

The (things that are killing you)
Giant arrows
can be stopped.

The
Giant Crab
enemies in the swamp were a lot easier than I expected. Just get in their grill and circle around for and easy takedown. Cool drop though.

God damn do I suck at this.

Any tips? What's the "best" class for beginners?

What should I spend the souls on?

I beat the first guy who transforms halfway through but only after 20 tries.

KHlover

Banned
it's ez though
it can't even hit you if you get in on it then roll back at a tell

It is until the third phase. Once there's only the hand left to attack and it still has half health...ugh. I hope I'm missing something, otherwise I'll be stuck with that ugly had for a while.

Disregarding that tree I really like the game so far though. Way more than DS2. Especially the encounter design. Love not being bum rushed by like 20 exploding enemies all the time.

BearPawB

Banned
So I want to clarify what I want to do to my weapon as a pyromancer.

Right now I have a raw astora straight sword that I have leveled up quite a bit.

In the long run, Is it better to have raw and buff it via some other pyromancy? Or to infuse it with something that makes it scale with int faith? (i am assuming i can't buff something that is infused with a scaling buff?)

KeRaSh

I have a question about an NPC:
Yoel

Are there any other downsides to accepting
free levels besides looking like ass after a while from the hollowing process? Is it purely a cosmetic tradeoff?

Quoting for new page. Can't really find anything specific about it besides what was posted here earlier but it doesn't completely answer my question.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so where / when can you respec? just wasted 2 more levels in dex to try this curved greatsword and I dont like it >_>

MilkBeard

God damn do I suck at this.

Any tips? What's the "best" class for beginners?

What should I spend the souls on?

I beat the first guy who transforms halfway through but only after 20 tries.

Tip: it's all about dodge timing, and striking during the enemy's longer animations. There is a certain rhythm to these games.

For the first boss, I stayed up close, and learned to dodge at the right times and attacked two handed. Did pretty good damage.

Scher

Quoting for new page. Can't really find anything specific about it besides what was posted here earlier but it doesn't completely answer my question.

As far as I can tell, there isn't really a downside to it.
If you do it enough times, Yuria shows up but she will just up and leave if you get the dark sigil removed, anyways.

Lyng

Tried all the different work arounds. Still massive amount of crashes. Not in any other game though.

Not going to play this until a proper patch / fix comes out. Damn shame :(

Randam

This game is way harder than any other Souls game for me. Jesus. I'm in the
The Undead Settlement
and lots enemies are kicking my ass. The regular mobs aren't bad, but the "special" enemies are crazy, especially the
fat spellcaster lady
...what a pain. I got to the third boss, but have immense trouble even getting up to the fog door because of the damn
giant arrows

I'm not sure if I'm underleveled or my weapon is just shitty (using Estoc +1 for now. I haven't leveled it up because I want to try a bunch before I commit).

there is an other way to the boss without the damn things. and you can even stop them.

Soulflarz

Banned
It is until the third phase. Once there's only the hand left to attack and it still has half health...ugh. I hope I'm missing something, otherwise I'll be stuck with that ugly had for a while.

Disregarding that tree I really like the game so far though. Way more than DS2. Especially the encounter design. Love not being bum rushed by like 20 exploding enemies all the time.

t-third? What's the third phase
I thought theres 2?

Randam

Tried all the different work arounds. Still massive amount of crashes. Not in any other game though.

Not going to play this until a proper patch / fix comes out. Damn shame :(

what kinda hardware do you have?

hadn't had a single crash and framerate ist almost always at 60 fps.

4770k with r9 290 and 8gb Ram.

I really think Great quest is broken... or at least you wan fuck it up SO easily...

When he wants to
scout for the second time
, I made SURE
Siegward was in Ithiryl kitchen and free
, and also
not talking to Patches
... But I also entered as I explored
Ithiril dungeon
, then I guess
the game went to Siegward quest step where he is in prison,
then I guess he could not
save Greirat
, so I think
Greirat died EVEN if I took all of the precautions
. GOD.

Ladekabel

Is it safe to use the fire gem I chose at the beginning on a longsword? Two dropped on my one after another so I would have a spare one. I remember finding a fire longsword early on in Dark Souls 2 and it was quite useful.

KHlover

Banned
t-third? What's the third phase
I thought theres 2?

1. You destoy the bubbles on its belly and the floor crashes
2. Hand comes out of belly, still some bubbles left to burst
3. Only hand left

Tbh it's more like phase 2.5, but it still forces you to get away from the safe spot directly in front of it to hit that damn hand since it moves around so much :S

zashga

Been playing a bit; only killed two bosses so far. Aside from a couple of connection hiccups last night, the only issue I've seen is a weird audio glitch. Basically, the ambient audio gets kind of loud if I'm standing still, then cuts out when I move or open a menu, etc. it's kind of distracting; anyone else getting this? I'm playing on PC.

schlew

Asked earlier, but I'll give it another shot!

Picked up my Xbox One disc copy today and it came with a code for Dark Souls 1.

Anyone redeem the code and know if it includes the DLC for DS1? Thanks!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Getting rdy for the weekend. Just Binding keys and making sure the timings are correct. Still in graveyard.

KzBC0Gc.jpg

seabass0

I just picked up my Day One Edition copy from Best Buy (I'm in the US), but it looks like they gave me the French version.

At the top, it says "Day One Edition / Jour une édition" and all of the text on the box is half english, half french.

I know the PS4 is region free, but will there be any difference in the "version" of the game that I have?

Is it safe to use the fire gem I chose at the beginning on a longsword? Two dropped on my one after another so I would have a spare one. I remember finding a fire longsword early on in Dark Souls 2 and it was quite useful.

ya that is a solid choice early on. By the time you want to replace it you will have more fire gems anyway.

twisteh

Absolutely love this. Vastly prefer this to Bloodborne.

Isn't really a spoiler but just being careful. The view after you beat the 2nd boss is just epic, as soon as I saw it I knew this was going to be a fucking fantastic game.

krakov

I really think Great quest is broken... or at least you wan fuck it up SO easily...

When he wants to
scout for the second time
, I made SURE
Siegward was in Ithiryl kitchen and free
, and also
not talking to Patches
... But I also entered as I explored
Ithiril dungeon
, then I guess
the game went to Siegward quest step where he is in prison,
then I guess he could not
save Greirat
, so I think
Greirat died EVEN if I took all of the precautions
. GOD.

Just send him out as soon as you get to the area. Has worked for me every time so far.

Trace

Banned
I just picked up my Day One Edition copy from Best Buy (I'm in the US), but it looks like they gave me the French version.

At the top, it says "Day One Edition / Jour une édition" and all of the text on the box is half english, half french.

I know the PS4 is region free, but will there be any difference in the "version" of the game that I have?

Sounds like you got a Canadian version somehow. It should be exactly the same as normal except for the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom