• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

I found
Smouldering Lake

Reaction: "Oh shit, what happened here? OH SHIT! OH FUCK GOD DAMN WHAT IS THAT?!"

Yeah this game is cool.

NeoBob688

Been playing a bit; only killed two bosses so far. Aside from a couple of connection hiccups last night, the only issue I've seen is a weird audio glitch. Basically, the ambient audio gets kind of loud if I'm standing still, then cuts out when I move or open a menu, etc. it's kind of distracting; anyone else getting this? I'm playing on PC.

The audio issue is a common problem and super annoying.

janoDX

I got the game yesterday but I'll get to play it today... So... My body is ready.

I come from a Bloodborne background, what should I expect?

Bollocks

Just started the game, am I supposed to fight that boss right away?
Is there some area that I missed where I can level up first? I don't think so because it is right at the beginning but for the life of me I can't defeat him
once he transformed

UberLevi

Damn, so much loot in the
swamp
. I've found two out of the three
fires
and now I've been roaming around for ages trying to get that last one.

Audioboxer

Yeah so going back and trying to take on the
dancer
early at level 38 was a mistake :p Can't get summon help this low either.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Testing on pc for the first time. Big difference compared to ps4, but I'm getting some stuttering now and then, like when I put up on a menu.

Is there some area that I missed where I can level up first? I don't think so because it is right at the beginning but for the life of me I can't defeat him
once he transformed

You probably picked one of the tougher starting classes, because yeah you're supposed to fight him and you can't level up yet.

dyergram

This game runs pretty well over remote play. Forgot how oppressive these games are although it hasn't kicked my ass as much as bloodbourne did though.

once he transformed

You have to git gud to start the real game /s

just stick close to him during second phase and circle. If you have any firebombs left those do well.

once he transformed

I'm the biggest noob and suck terribly at this game, but even I could beat this one (after many tries). Everything afterwards beats the shit out of me.

Neoweee

Absolutely love this. Vastly prefer this to Bloodborne.

Isn't really a spoiler but just being careful. The view after you beat the 2nd boss is just epic, as soon as I saw it I knew this was going to be a fucking fantastic game.

Awesome moment. I love that the game tosses in such a great view so early. In DS1 and DS2 the moments were placed after their halfway points (Anor Londo and Drangleic Castle, respectively).

The DS2 DLC puts each of its moments like that very early on, and that was the last project for a lot of the developers I guess.

Soulflarz

Banned
1. You destoy the bubbles on its belly and the floor crashes
2. Hand comes out of belly, still some bubbles left to burst
3. Only hand left

Tbh it's more like phase 2.5, but it still forces you to get away from the safe spot directly in front of it to hit that damn hand since it moves around so much :S

oh okay
yeah I got confused at the end how to kill it for a min, lol

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
once he transformed

What class are you? I was playing as a Knight and tried to take my time, ended up having my arse handed to me. I beat him by being more aggressive.

Bollocks

Testing on pc for the first time. Big difference compared to ps4, but I'm getting some stuttering now and then, like when I put up on a menu.

You probably picked one of the tougher starting classes, because yeah you're supposed to fight him and you can't level up yet.

Assassin?
Might as well start over then but I want a sorcerer with melee, worked out ok in Demon's Souls \_(ツ)_/¯

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
once he transformed

I stayed close to him and strafed right all the time with my shield up hitting him. I play assassin. Had to fight him 8 times until finally beating him

dealer-

I agree on this, i warped back all the time for majula if i wanted to afk for abit, it felt like home... None of the others hub have done that for me!

It was a great setting, the sunset added to the feels.

Yeah so going back and trying to take on the
dancer
early at level 38 was a mistake :p Can't get summon help this low either.

I sacked that idea off as well. Too much frustration at low levels. Tis a shame.

Meia

I need a better weapon. I always do a Faith build to start a game off, but it just seems so damn weak atm, though I'm still using the starter mace.

Since I usually go Faith/Dex in these games at first, any weapon I should be on the lookout for? Needing to do two backstabs against most starting enemies isn't fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I miss my
Greatword
, where is it in this game? :(

Rocketz

Finally my copy has arrived. I'm hoping the install doesn't take long but I don't have a ton of time to play until tomorrow night :(

Tak3n

Banned
So cool story, my 8 year old asked if he could have a go... I turned off blood, and said ok.... He rolled a knight, I was out making tea, came in to see if he was just fucking around in the tutorial area.....

He had killed crystal lizard, first boss and guy by fire link with the Kortana blade...... I was like Seriously!!

Soulflarz

Banned
I just fought through all of
Cathedral of the Deep
to a bonfire in
Cleansing Chapel
in a life
No deaths
No flasks

No idea where I am
I missed a ton of things
I just kept fighting and fighting