• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone reasonably far through the game please tell me what I need to do next?

I just beat the Deacons of the Dead and got the Small Doll, but I have no idea where to take it. I've spent an hour backtracking and running around but no good.

have you beaten boss
abyss watchers?
keep walking past the bonfire, there is an area that will open.

Ladekabel

Apart from a short period in Dark Souls 2 where I used the Fire Longsword, I never bothered with it in neither Dark Souls game. But I'm loving it now! If it scales good I might use it through the whole game.

And I just got to the first boss after the Iudex. One try and I almost had him. Had used all my flasks on the way so I started the fight without healing and not knowing that I even have to fight him. After a lot of anus stabbing, he was 4-5 attacks away but I rolled too soon so his attack got me.

Dimmle

So cool story, my 8 year old asked if he could have a go... I turned off blood, and said ok.... He rolled a knight, I was out making tea, came in to see if he was just fucking around in the tutorial area.....

He had killed crystal lizard, first boss and guy by fire link with the Kortana blade...... I was like Seriously!!
Your kid has been Chosen.

jonjonaug

No.

Behind the deacons of the deep? I haven't beaten abyss watchers, where do I go to reach them?

In the big poison swamp area
find the three towers of flame. You can extinguish each of them at their base. Do this for all three and a gate will open to the Abyss Watchers.

vladdamad

Currently stuck on C
athedral of the Deep
, could someone give me a non-spoilery hint as to where I am supposed to go? I just reached the
bonfire with the covenant in it, where all the cradles are, and an NPC that changes your attributes. I've also raised the two walls in the main cathedral area, which seem to serve as bridges
. Any help would be appreciated!

This area is probably in my top five in the series, me getting lost aside - absolutely spectacular progression that feels like you are stumbling on to something by accident. Really interesting lore implications, too.

So cool story, my 8 year old asked if he could have a go... I turned off blood, and said ok.... He rolled a knight, I was out making tea, came in to see if he was just fucking around in the tutorial area.....

He had killed crystal lizard, first boss and guy by fire link with the Kortana blade...... I was like Seriously!!

looks like we have found our new Dark Lord.

Well, I beat my first major-ish boss,
the undead legion guy(s). That firebuffed phase was totally Maria from BB.
Then I went into the area after that and had a guy invade me while I was checking out shortcuts. Two blue sentinels showed up in response, and they murdered everything. Very fun.

Korosenai

Question about the Red Eye Orb

Ok, so I talked to ring finger, did some pvp, got a couple pale tongues, went back to get the key from him but he isn't there. Did I do something wrong?

I'm finding this game a lot more difficult than both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2. At least in terms of the "standard" enemies and not the bosses

UberLevi

Would it be dumb for me to fire attune the
Irithyll Straight Sword
?

Also, I still can't find that third and final
fire tower
in the
swamp

EDIT: Nevermind, found it!

Godan

Am i missing something here. Just finished off the Greatwood dude and now i am in a pit but no idea where to go lol

Ice9

Ok, I finally found some very nice STR weapons, and right now I am rocking
The Butcher's Knife

It has a surprisingly fast attack speed and scales A with STR right out of the gate!

I can get used to this!

But I will say I have found many weapons that look great for a Quality STE/DEX build, lots of cool straight swords and such.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Words cannot describe just how shit the swamp level is. From the framerate, to the enemies, to the level design, to the PvP associated with it. Just terrible.

just made it to
Road of Sacrifices
curious how far into the game i am percentage wise?

Not at all.

tcrunch

Currently stuck on C
athedral of the Deep
, could someone give me a non-spoilery hint as to where I am supposed to go? I just reached the
bonfire with the covenant in it, where all the cradles are, and an NPC that changes your attributes. I've also raised the two walls in the main cathedral area, which seem to serve as bridges
. Any help would be appreciated!

This area is probably in my top five in the series, me getting lost aside - absolutely spectacular progression that feels like you are stumbling on to something by accident. Really interesting lore implications, too.

Go back to the first bonfire and find a way to go down to the bottom floor where the giants are.

I am about to beat DS2 on PS4. Started up DS3 just to make a character and get a peak of it. Man it looks so good. Only a few more DS2 bosses left, must keep going...

MicSte79

Neo Member
Anyone using a sorcerer and having fun or is it too difficult?

What about the Pyromancer - have read that the fireballs don't do much damage and the range is pretty short.

twisteh

Awesome moment. I love that the game tosses in such a great view so early. In DS1 and DS2 the moments were placed after their halfway points (Anor Londo and Drangleic Castle, respectively).

The DS2 DLC puts each of its moments like that very early on, and that was the last project for a lot of the developers I guess.

Really made me hyped for the rest of the game, had to stop playing after that bit and it's killing me! Argh! They did a great job.

Finally got half an hour to play it, just reaching Firelink Shrine, and one thing struck me: the soundtrack so far is phenomenal.

I was also genuinely surprised to see Sakuraba credited on a few tracks of the OST.

The FPS tanks every time when I enter Road of Sacrafices. Also I didn't knew you can be invaded in the Firelink Shrine and when Hollowed

Finally got half an hour to play it, just reaching Firelink Shrine, and one thing struck me: the soundtrack so far is phenomenal.

I was also genuinely surprised to see Sakuraba credited on a few tracks of the OST.

His role has actually diminished as time has gone by for the series. Dark Souls 1 he did the entire OST. Dark Souls 2, did around 2/3 of it. Dark Souls 3 - just a few tracks.

Words cannot describe just how shit the swamp level is. From the framerate, to the enemies, to the level design, to the PvP associated with it. Just terrible.

It's the "final" Dark Souls game.
They just had to make a homage to Blighttown. Just had to. lol.

vocab

online is a fucking joke. People are just sliding all over the place can't even see their attack animations or item uses.

Man Bloodborne got me all kinds of fucked up. Forgot what it was like for deaths to actually mean something. I'm over here swinging like crazy trying to get my health back and it never does. Armor/weight actually means something now. Only 3 flasks (for now).

Fuck

Audioboxer

If you want to see some fun close calls with the 2nd boss (not counting tutorial boss) check this! Phew, I just made it, multiple times I thought I was a goner. Must have had single digit health at one point. The other helper got KO'd. Sun-broing to help out others.

Just to make it clear for spoilers, it's the
tree
boss. Lots of people seem to be having bother with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMYHCS2_gQ

my framerates fine in the swamp level and im using a fucking laptop
medium settings though with motion blur turned off cause fuck that useless shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom