• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

Alright thanks guys, think I'm headed in the right direction now. No idea how I missed this place the dozen times I ran through this area.

edit:
found the Farron Keep bonfire, this is it yeah?

Frillen

So I just beat the mimic. Should I use the deep battle axe I got? The starting axe has 125 in Phys damage while the great axe has 103 but also 103 in dark. Is it basically 103 + 103? Noob question.

Also can I fuse the fire gem on the great axe with dark or is that a bad idea?

The deep battle axe apparently doesn't scale!?

Whoyouare

Anyone using a sorcerer and having fun or is it too difficult?

What about the Pyromancer - have read that the fireballs don't do much damage and the range is pretty short.

I'm curious too. Going to be home in an hour and have played all the other games as a sorcerer. Don't want to have to start over if it's a pain.

yuraya

About 8 hours in now. Playing no shield and 2 hand only. Damn I got rekd real hard by that guy
on all fours below the tower in the undead settlement with his frostbite bs.

Out of nowhere too. That guy is vicious. Definitely not going down there again lol.

Anyways the game is incredible. Have already had so many wtf souls moments. So many near death encounters :D

tcrunch

Can anyone give me advice was to where to go next (Late game spoilers)
I just killed Aldrich and am not sure where I progress to next.

Depends on what other LOCs you have completed, but I suspect you need to explore around the
Pontiff's ice town, NOT Aldrich's portion
for a path into another area.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have the Butcher's Knife which looks amazing but with no dex scaling it's not going to be as good as my default axe because it has strength and dex, bit bored using the same weapon all the time.

tcrunch

I'm curious too. Going to be home in an hour and have played all the other games as a sorcerer. Don't want to have to start over if it's a pain.

It sucked when I played it, but I played pre-1.03. The fact that spells take stamina and enemies are so aggressive is really going to kill you though, as well as the relatively early on bosses that are magic-resistant if your aim is to go pure caster. Finding the sorcery trainer as early as possible will help you.

Most of my playthrough (it was my first playthrough) is up here but I don't know how far you've gotten into the game on another character so it may not be so useful without the risk of spoilers. There's one or two more videos I have to upload. Once I got soul spear things got much easier, and in fact the final boss was the only one I killed in one try (Iudex Gundyr took 2 lol).

Ricker

You can actually fight the guy kneeling near the lady that levels you up at the Firelink shrine or am I missing something...? (also near where the blacksmith is)

Just reached the Fire Link Shrine and the game says that I can't play beyond here until the game is fully installed. Curse my slow internet connection.

I've enjoyed the little that I have played of the game thus far. Though, the frame rate looks really rough and I fear it'll only get worse.

One thing is for sure tho, OST is really good.

You can actually fight the guy kneeling near the lady that levels you up at the Firelink shrine or am I missing something...? (also near where the blacksmith is)

i googled him after the fact yesterday and then restarted
you dont want to kill him is all im gonna say

Regarding an area following the second boss and having beaten a sort of mini boss
the woods with the bird like guys. I stumbled across a guy with a really big sword early in that area.
Does that classify as an ultra greatsword? Was thinking of farming him for it.

sora87

Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom

giphy.gif

tcrunch

Is the DS4 on PC still borked?

+ Install DS4windows
+ Check "hide controller" under settings
+ If you have any issues with a mouse cursor appearing or any other weirdness, make a profile for DS3 and check the radio button that says "Use touchpad for controls" - gestures will be the share button, equipment menu will be options button

E92 M3

The weapon level criteria is really dampening my PVP experience. Can't find a lot of people to invade. And I'm low level too.

Audioboxer

Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom

giphy.gif

2nd boss? (or 3rd if you count tutorial) Summons go so quick it happens a lot. Still getting summoned every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom