• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking p
ontiff
piece of shit!

Arrgh that is the toughest boss i've faced so far - summoned two others and he still kicked our ass!

Durante

This was fun.
First 5 hours of actually playing the game, with my preferred class and actual online activity.

10 invasions, 9 invaders killed and 1 sent home by starting the boss fight.

invadersmustdieayjgx.jpg

Whelp, being kinda experienced in souls games make it less threatening for sure.

I mean
I walked up to the big door to look through the crack and boss happened. I was like OH BOY. But then I just burried myself into his crotch and 80% of his attacks wiffed
ended the battle on the first try, without even really feeling intimidated.

Trickster

What do you gain by having that glowing effect?

So how does DS3 compare to Bloodborne from a gameplay perspective?

BB was much more limited in what you could do with builds and such, since all bloodborne was, was you dodging and then hacking with your weapon. DS games offer a lot more variety in the respect. DS games are also somewhat more slow and methodical.

mario_O

ahh
You talked to Yoel of Londor and leveled up for free? If so doing that, you get the dark sigil under key items. Having the Dark Sigil will make you hollow every time you die. To heal the hollowing process or the dark sgil, you need the firekeeper souls and give that to the firekeeper. It will cost you X souls to prevent further hollowing. To remove the looks etc you can use a purge stone.

Cheers!

tcrunch

When did you guys buy the Tower Key for 20k souls? Early? Any good farming places early on?

Get summoned for Vordt, but imo don't bother with that Tower Key until you have completed (location)
Cathedral of the Deep
, unless you are looking for something specific up there.

At any rate, go back there once you've done that location for a marvelous surprise.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Greatswords' point wasn't ever damage.
It's poise and reach. Horizontal reach, mainly. Claymore light attack arcs like 180° and will disable pretty much all enemies.
They've always been bad boss weapons, and bosses are like the easiest part of the game this time around anyway.

Can't say this applies to Dark Souls 1 at all. A Zweihander R2 would stagger even Super Smough. It would pancake every single thing and one-shot most mobs. It's the total opposite of a bad boss weapon. They were a little less OP in Dark Souls 2 and even less OP in DS3, excepting pre-nerf FUGS. However, you can still chain knockdowns on any humanoids (with 1 exception I know of) with charged R2 attacks, which is still a huge plus. On bosses they aren't as good anymore because bosses are almost totally stagger immune for the most part. You may stagger a boss once or twice but not chain stagger like Super Smough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so apparently I completely skipped a boss in
Road of Sacrifices
somehow o_O

I went to
Farran Keep
and have been doing that, after exploring and getting all the items (or so I thought) and it seems that boss previously I skipped lead to a zone called
Cathdral of the Deep

Soooooo... I guess im going the wrong way lol

TitusTroy

I'm having difficulty with that
cursed tree boss...I can get him to 25% health but whenever I try and go for the egg sacs in the front of his body he always grabs me or attacks with his hands...maybe I don't have the right weapon/gear or am not leveled up enough- currently at Level 20 using the Battle Axe...he doesn't seem like he should be this difficult

Lakitu

st5fu
So... F
arron
K
eep.
Poison fucking everywhere. Makes the swamp in Nightmare Frontier look like a puddle :(

tcrunch

Where do I find the sun covenant :)

Undead Settlement
- (further details)
Find a building where the bottom floor is a long hallway with 2 jingle elves, 1 redeyed villager, a couple of cage monsters, and there is a door you can't open to your right as you get off the stairs on that floor. Proceed back up the stairs to the floor with all the hanging bodies and explore the vicinity for a hole to drop through.

eyesradar

cursed tree boss...I can get him to 25% health but whenever I try and go for the egg sacs in the front of his body he always grabs me or attacks with his hands...maybe I don't have the right weapon/gear or am not leveled up enough- currently at Level 20...he doesn't seem like he should be this difficult

You can always attack the new hand for some decent dmg.

BearPawB

Banned
cursed tree boss...I can get him to 25% health but whenever I try and go for the egg sacs in the front of his body he always grabs me or attacks with his hands...maybe I don't have the right weapon/gear or am not leveled up enough- currently at Level 20 using the Battle Axe...he doesn't seem like he should be this difficult

if you want a hint:
once he is that low attack the hand instead

Is there a trick to successfully co-oping with people you know? We've both entered the same password but we just don't see each other's signs.

What do you gain by having that glowing effect?

BB was much more limited in what you could do with builds and such, since all bloodborne was, was you dodging and then hacking with your weapon. DS games offer a lot more variety in the respect. DS games are also somewhat more slow and methodical.

I think BB easily has best combat in the series including DS3... The transforming weapons were amazing and I keep pressing L1 to transform In DS3. However if you want more options, DS3 will please you

Brohan

Anybody knows what the "summon sign visibility" option does exactly? The description says "Restrict the visibility of your summon sign in enemy phantom worlds."

What do they mean by that?

E92 M3

Question about a covenant:
Can I kill Rosaria to get her soul before NG+

Also, I am never summoned for Darkmoon and it's very hard to invade.

stuck on the road of sacrifice

those flying/jumping assholes are sooo anoying..
can't see shit..

I just sniped everything with my longbow and finished off whatever came running towards me.

That Crystal Sage, fuck him. It teases you as being so easy, but nope. It can take you out so fast.

There are a Shit ton of summons there too, lol.

His physical attack really threw me off since he was just casting shit the whole time. It ended up killing me since I just spent all my stamina wailing on him.

Durante

Is there a trick to successfully co-oping with people you know? We've both entered the same password but we just don't see each other's signs.
  1. Find a spot where you don't expect everyone else to also place their signs
  2. Move everyone there
  3. Place signs and wait, if they don't appear within a reasonable amount of time re-place them
(of course, don't forget to actually be ember'ed up)

Tenebrous

Pontiff Sulyvahn
is no joke. My attacks
are hitting for 130/140 and he has a shitload of HP, so when phase 2 lands... Eek!

1. Find a spot where you don't expect everyone else to also place their signs
  2. Move everyone there
  3. Place signs and wait, if they don't appear within a reasonable amount of time re-place them
(of course, don't forget to actually be ember'ed up)

Thanks man, will give this a try.

Bloody hell!

Finished off a rather tough miniboss enemy, about to loot him and

FRAMERATE UNSUITABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY.

So... I reload, thinking it'll be like DS1 where you can quit and rejoin freely and loot stays.

NOPE! Both his corpse and whatever loot he dropped, which I assume was good loot, did NOT persist.

The insulting part is that my FPS counter was in the high-30's when it declared that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom