• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcrunch

JebaćBiedę;200818906 said:
Okay so should I upgrade Knight's default Long Sword? Or should I put souls only into stats?

It should never be a choice between upgrading a weapon and leveling because weapon upgrades are quite cheap souls-wise. Upgrade weapons first. The choice is only between which weapons you want to upgrade, which can get painful if you find a lot of them that you like, though the handmaiden will eventually ease some of that burden.

Sarcasm

1. Find a spot where you don't expect everyone else to also place their signs
  2. Move everyone there
  3. Place signs and wait, if they don't appear within a reasonable amount of time re-place them
(of course, don't forget to actually be ember'ed up)

Isn't there passwords now?

twisteh

Should i be hoarding titanite stards or am i ok to level up my starter weapon? Im a Knight after the 2nd boss with just the long sword.

UberLevi

Am I missing something? I went from
High Wall
to
Undead Settlement
then killed
Curse-Rotted Wood
then headed to
Road of Sacrifice
. Is there something in-between that I left unexplored? The last boss I killed was
Curse-Rotted Wood
and now I'm getting my ass beaten by
Farron's Undead Legion
. Is there somewhere else I could be so I'm not just railroaded into this asshole boss?

OVDRobo

Just re-asking.

Depends what you're looking for. Because of the allowances the upgrade system makes in terms of balancing weapons towards your character build, most non-boss weapons are at least capable of being made viable for any character so long as you have gems.

Early on you'll be a bit limited of course, so if you want axes, large swords, clubs, etc. go for strength. If you want daggers, katanas, rapiers etc. go dex.

The most common way of getting spells will be buying them from vendors throughout the world. Generally each vendor will focus on a specific type of magic.

As for leveling up the attacks and increasing the number of spells you equip those are all done via attributes when leveling up. If you click the Back button and then View Explanation you should go through all of the stats and read what they affect. Here's the basics.

Attunement = # of spells
Dexterity = spell cast time
Int = sorceries and pyromancies. Magic defense
Faith = miracles and pyromancies. Dark defense

Eventually you'll find the vendors, so yeah you can definitely just respec into a magic character if you want. However, one thing to keep in mind (and not sure if DS3 is different) is that I'm pretty sure that when you respec, your base spec is whatever your starting class is (it only clears levels that you put into it). So if you're someone who wants to min-max, your starting class matters here a bit.
Thanks. I'm not trying to go for any crazy perfect build, I was just curious if there was any starting class limitations that would prevent a warrior for example from being able to cast spells, that can't be fixed by upgrading the right stats that is.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Should i be hoarding titanite stards or am i ok to level up my starter weapon? Im a Knight after the 2nd boss with just the long sword.

This is useful for anyone starting out: over the course of the game, enemies will drop a lot of shards. In my first run I had like 4 upgraded weapons, with shards to spare. So upgrade the starting weapon if you like it, you'll be able to even upgrade another weapon without any grinding.

tcrunch

Am I missing something? I went from
High Wall
to
Undead Settlement
then killed
Curse-Rotted Wood
then headed to
Road of Sacrifice
. Is there something in-between that I left unexplored? The last boss I killed was
Curse-Rotted Wood
and now I'm getting my ass beaten by
Farron's Undead Legion
. Is there somewhere else I could be so I'm not just railroaded into this asshole boss?

There is another path from the nice part of the swamp.

Ok I figured I had to be because the stretches I've been playing seem crazy long without one. No idea where I missed it

i may have mistaken where you are in the game. By 2nd area do you mean first zone after firelink or the zone after that? If you are still on
Walls of Lothric
area then ya only 2 bonfires.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Quick question if someone doesn't mind:

I am playing as a Knight an have been using the sword and shield to decent effect, when I picked up a greatsword I didn't expect to be able to use the shield with that weapon aswell. Is there any penalty for doing this? The only one I can see is the equip weight, and I'm not sure what that does to my character.

i may have mistaken where you are in the game. By 2nd area do you mean first zone after firelink or the zone after that? If you are still on
Walls of Lothric
area then ya only 2 bonfires.

Yeah I'm still on
Lothric
So ok. Just having a hell of a lot of trouble with this game

E92 M3

Man, it's so hard to get PVP going. Really bumming me out. Adding a weapon level restriction was not a smart move :(. I bet the same guy that did Soul Memory added that one lol.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Quick question if someone doesn't mind:

I am playing as a Knight an have been using the sword and shield to decent effect, when I picked up a greatsword I didn't expect to be able to use the shield with that weapon aswell. Is there any penalty for doing this? The only one I can see is the equip weight, and I'm not sure what that does to my character.

There is no penalty. You just get a damage boost if you 2H it.

vac

Neo Member
Does rolling show illusory walls? Or do you have to hit them? I've yet to find one and I just killed C
urse
R
otted
G
reatwood

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah I'm still on
Lothric
So ok. Just having a hell of a lot of trouble with this game

Do a bit of grinding around where the dragon is, even a couple of extra levels can make a difference early on. Be sure to grab the estus shard and extra XP ring in the Firelink Shrine.

There is no penalty. You just get a damage boost if you 2H it.

Ah good, so the fact that it's a greatsword won't necessarily give it better base damage than a normal sword I assume?

Hagi

oh man the forest area with the
crabs and the farron invaders
is mental. I was not prepared for that at all lol

game is really fun so far definitely a lot better than DS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom