• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Got totally wrecked most times I invaded last night.
Successfully parry R1 spammers only to do like 200 dmg.

My slow weapons are getting owned by 1h R1 spam :(

Loving the game. It's so hard to rank the souls games though as each one has its strengths and weaknesses.

I'd say there all pretty much on par with each other (haven't played Demon's).

I love each and every game they have made so far

Each for different reasons

I love that

To have 5 games and have each offer something unique... Its why I never tire of this series so far

OVDRobo

Mad phantoms are from a covenant. you can willingly allow someone to invade your world. It's essentially a way to set up duels.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp I guess I missed the
onion knight
quest ;_;

he wasnt going "hmm" anymore in the lift, and didnt show up when I fought the fire guy. Guess I took too long to go here :(

Styles

The fucking arachnid enemy I encountered earlier today almost gave me a heart attack. Didn't help that it looked absolutely terrifying.

mLs0lbR.gif

Vitanimus

Benefits of invading? It's fun, but mainly to rank up your covenants to the rewards

Mad Phantom? I think you are referring to NPC invaders. You get stuff for killing them, usually an item or equipment they have.

Theres no penalty for dying in someone elses world. If you beat the host you get embered.

Yes

Mad phantoms are from a covenant. you can willingly allow someone to invade your world. It's essentially a way to set up duels.

thanks huns
bts_lina.gif

The fucking arachnid enemy I encountered earlier today almost gave me a heart attack. Didn't help that it looked absolutely terrifying.

mLs0lbR.gif

Haha yeah those things are awful. There was someone in the import thread that asked if there were any spiders in the game and someone responded with "Oh there's something far worse".

E92 M3

I wish someone would invade me. Damn I am salty about the networking for me. In previous souls games I would get invaded or invade back to back. I wish I could figure this out.

SeriousApes

I got Dark Souls 3 yesterday, because I thought it would be fun to keep up with the community. But I can't even beat the first boss yet :V

Ricker

Do you guys lock on a lot...? I do with my Knight but sometimes I switch targets without wanting and it makes me panic lol...got to one early Boss but I wasnt prepared but just went in the room anyway to make sure that was it...and got him down halfway(had 2 flasks left and not that much souls) so it's all good...went back and saw no summoning things before the fog entrance to help though...it was early in the morning I guess...? I am online,everything turned on...am I doing something wrong...?

purg3

slept with Malkin
5 more sunlight medals then I can finish up SunBro'ing. You would figure after 3 games in this series, host's would figure not to go HAM on the boss and die in 30 seconds when you have 2 dudes there with you...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, during my backtracking I found a
Crest Shield, which is a pretty light 100 physical absorb shield
, it's much better than what I was using.

Ok I'm officially stumped at the Cathedral now. I've cleared most of the area and lit what seems to be most bonfires, unlocked
all three shortcuts back to the second bonfire in the area and joined the local covenant. (that's gotta be Gwynevere)
So going from there I cross the raised bridge and open the front door from earlier then head back in to my left to find a switch that doesn't function. Help?

So, question.....I seem to be barreling though this game and killing the bosses on my first or second try (6 main bosses and a few of the side bosses that don't have an introduction screen but have a big life bar).

Is this early-mid game just very ripe with boss encounters? I'm hoping this is the case because I'm loving every second of this game.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Two questions.

Is there a way to tweak or change appearance like in DS2?

Why when I travel back or die at the Firelink Shrine, theres a fog blocking the exit? I have mess with resting at the bonfire a few times in order for it to go away..

Do you guys lock on a lot...? I do with my Knight but sometimes I switch targets without wanting and it makes me panic lol
There's an option in the menu to turn that off iirc.

Lock-on, for me, in Souls has always been an on/off thing, very situational and constantly toggling in some fights, others never using it etc. Very situational but constantly in use/not in use.

takriel

Do you guys lock on a lot...? I do with my Knight but sometimes I switch targets without wanting and it makes me panic lol...got to one early Boss but I wasnt prepared but just went in the room anyway to make sure that was it...and got him down halfway(had 2 flasks left and not that much souls) so it's all good...went back and saw no summoning things before the fog entrance to help though...it was early in the morning I guess...? I am online,everything turned on...am I doing something wrong...?
I think it's an option called auto lock-on that you can turn off.

Recommend me a heavy weapon. I want something str based, but not like a Giant Club or something like really dumb and really massive, and weights 50+. I'd like something kinda big, primarely strength based, but still feasible to wield with medium armor and not fat roll... Is this too specific and too picky?

Recommend me a heavy weapon. I want something str based, but not like a Giant Club or something like really dumb and really massive, and weights 50+. I'd like something kinda big, primarely strength based, but still feasible to wield with medium armor and not fat roll... Is this too specific and too picky?

Lot of Claymore mentions in the thread

Maybe go with that?

noomi

You can also use these things called embers. You find them decently often and you can buy them for about 2000 souls as well.

No, you can use an ember item too. They drops from some mobs, you probably have some of them

Or use an ember or put down your white sign, summon into someone else's game, and help them beat their boss.

That or you can find embers which does the same thing when used

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Ember

Thank you all so much, everyone is being extremely helpful in this thread.

<3

aravuus

Oh fuck sake, now that was a death that felt legit unfair in the
Dungeons
. At least there have only been a couple so far.

Neoweee

Yea, what is this all about? I noticed I had one and then suddenly two a bit later??

As far as I can tell it is just a drop from "Hard" enemies, kind of a successor to Bloodborne's on-the-road Blood Vial drops or regain mechanics, and the replacement to DS2's Life Gems.

Yager

Banned
The knight Kalof Krypton started his adventure last night. Couldn't do much, but had time to beat the tutorial boss in his first try. He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, it's his first adventure in the Soulsborne series, but he's having fun, or at least it seems that way. In a couple of hours he'll be back to the world to probably die, and die again, and again, and again and again. Let's see if he finds that funny.

As I said, I didn't have much time to put into, but I liked what I played. I remember playing a couple of hours of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but never really got into the games.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got invaded by some kid using weapon buffs and all sorts, killed me one hit from death, gz I guess?

As far as I can tell it is just a drop from "Hard" enemies, kind of a successor to Bloodborne's on-the-road Blood Vial drops or regain mechanics, and the replacement to DS2's Life Gems.

Fucking interesting!

Thats a cool mechanic and welcome given how tough average enemies are now

Spent 2 hours trying to kill the first boss! I can manage to get to the second form fairly quickly and without taking too much damage, but man, i just cant read that second form and figure out where he hits. 2 hours! Must have tried 20 times or more.

Is there a way to get more firebombs besides restarting?
I'm playing as a merc, dual wielding scimitars. Any tips?

Nevadatan

the claymore is bretty gud, the moveset is a bit tweaked from DS1, but nothin too bad,
i guess i'll stick with it for most of the game.

BTW i having some heavy framedrops on Undead Settlement, particulary inside of the first house.like 40-42 fps, i sport a FX8320 and GTX980, is the FX bottlenecking the 980 or its just the game?

Ricker

Okay so I just saw the ember link...I have 4 I think,so if I have set a password in the options for private summoning and I use a Ember before a Boss,a friend with the password set will be the only one to join my game or can I get invaded as well....and this part I am not sure from the guide..."Able to summon other players via soul sign''...guessing I have one of these in my inventory at all times...? (that white circlet thing? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom