• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd say overall I prefer to Bloodborne so far. But just by a bit. First half is better than Bloodborne's first half.. let's see how the second half fares.

(Farron's keep boss spoilers)
Abyss Watchers
seem like a pain in the ass to solo.

Here's what I did, second try too!

Distance is key, IMO. First phase I let the enemy distract them and then I just go to town on the main Abyss Watcher. Second phase I'm in defense until he does the dash move, then I roll under it to get behind me, that is when he is the most open. Any other time is way too risky.

Two questions.

Is there a way to tweak or change appearance like in DS2?

Why when I travel back or die at the Firelink Shrine, theres a fog blocking the exit? I have mess with resting at the bonfire a few times in order for it to go away..

The fog is just there to reduce load times. They assume you aren't warping back to immediately head out there, so they block it with fog and load it in after you've warped. Just have to wait a bit.

Just started the game last night.

I picked Deprived because I wanted a good challenge and a blank slate to build a character. The first boss destroyed me 10 times before I put him down. Now I am going back for that giant crystal lizard thing.

I am playing Bloodborne currently as well and it has been hard for me to make the combat adjustments.

Ok I'm officially stumped at the Cathedral now. I've cleared most of the area and lit what seems to be most bonfires, unlocked
all three shortcuts back to the second bonfire in the area and joined the local covenant. (that's gotta be Gwynevere)
So going from there I cross the raised bridge and open the front door from earlier then head back in to my left to find a switch that doesn't function. Help?

If you beat the boss of the area you are done with that branch. It is a dead end there.

Akai XIII

Make your way through
the Cathedral.
No idea where that is. I have the following unlocked:
High Wall of
Lothric
Tower
Vordt
Undead Settlement
Foot
Settlement
Dilapidated
Pit
Road of Sacrifices
Road
Halfway
Crucifixion
Farron Keep
Keep Ruins
Keep Perimeter
Old Wolf
Abyss
Catacombs of Various
High lord
Abandoned tomb
Antechamber
Ruins
Old
Irithyll

Tried to shorten the names in case someone accidentally clicks to avoid spoilers.

gunstarhero

Found a hilarious bug on PS4 -

My character decided to get really impatient with me as I hesitated to fight the first boss.

GGDI28O.gif

He just tapped his foot like this until I manned up and moved him closer. :p

Spent 2 hours trying to kill the first boss! I can manage to get to the second form fairly quickly and without taking too much damage, but man, i just cant read that second form and figure out where he hits. 2 hours! Must have tried 20 times or more.

Is there a way to get more firebombs besides restarting?
I'm playing as a merc, dual wielding scimitars. Any tips?

If you are having that hard of a time I would recollection with a shielded class. You can tank every hit that way.

Otherwise, just get in tight and roll into him on attacks and get a hit or two in each time.

High Wall of
Lothric
Tower
Vordt
Undead Settlement
Foot
Settlement
Dilapidated
Pit
Road of Sacrifices
Road
Halfway
Crucifixion
Farron Keep
Keep Ruins
Keep Perimeter
Old Wolf
Abyss
Catacombs of Various
High lord
Abandoned tomb
Antechamber
Ruins
Old
Irithyll

Tried to shorten the names in case someone accidentally clicks to avoid spoilers.

Good back to
Road of Sacrifices
and look for a path you have missed.

As far as I can tell it is just a drop from "Hard" enemies, kind of a successor to Bloodborne's on-the-road Blood Vial drops or regain mechanics, and the replacement to DS2's Life Gems.

Hmm, interesting, didn't think of that. There didn't seem to be a sound effect indicating it or anything, or maybe I just didn't notice.

Navy Bean

High Wall of
Lothric
Tower
Vordt
Undead Settlement
Foot
Settlement
Dilapidated
Pit
Road of Sacrifices
Road
Halfway
Crucifixion
Farron Keep
Keep Ruins
Keep Perimeter
Old Wolf
Abyss
Catacombs of Various
High lord
Abandoned tomb
Antechamber
Ruins
Old
Irithyll

Start from
Crucifixtion bonfire
, there is a building real close you can enter...
Head upstairs, past the magic guy and outside towards a boss
. Keep following that path and you will open up a new area.

zma1013

Found a hilarious bug on PS4 -

My character decided to get really impatient with me as I hesitated to fight the first boss.

GGDI28O.gif

He just tapped his foot like this until I manned up and moved him closer. :p

Yeah, you can do that in all of them. It's just how their animation system works. There seems to be an ever so slight movement with the legs and the idle standing position and you are standing in a perfect exact spot where it's bouncing back and forth between resting feet locations with the geometry there.

sora87

Jesus, just ran into the
onion knight
and whatever the fuck that thing is at
the bottom of the elevator
destroyed me before I knew what was happening

MicSte79

Neo Member
Getting my a** kicked as a Sorcerer.

How is the Pyromancer in this? I don't want a pure melee build but also need a bit of armour/strength.

What attributes should I be levelling up as a Pyromancer?

Plum

OK, so I have one question that's really bugging me. Second and third main area spoilers.

How do I get to the bottom of the Undead Settlement? The section under the bridge that leads to the Road of Sacrifices. I tried falling down but I die immediately. I have a feeling that's how you get to the woman in the jail cell.

Rizzi

Damn, I forgot about fat roll. Bloodborne spoiled me.
Also it's super weird that pyromancers need int and faith now.

Astral

What are the benefits of being embered besides a health boost? I didn't even realize I was "undead" till right now when I thought "oh shit I died last night."

Kebiinu

Banned
Been playing as a sorcerer, and I might be having second thoughts. Coming from Bloodborne, I keep trying to melee these enemies, but I'm doing minimal damage, and I need to rely on my ranged spells.

Any tips to play a mix of both melee and magic?

Lakitu

st5fu
What are the benefits of being embered besides a health boost? I didn't even realize I was "undead" till right now when I thought "oh shit I died last night."

You can get invaded by players and NPCs as well as summon help. Not sure what else.

Not sure yet

I know being human in the other games raised item discovery, damage of certain moves, and other subtle benefits

Also it might be required to be able to summon help

Moff

OK, so I have one question that's really bugging me. Second and third main area spoilers.

How do I get to the bottom of the Undead Settlement? The section under the bridge that leads to the Road of Sacrifices. I tried falling down but I die immediately. I have a feeling that's how you get to the woman in the jail cell.

apparently you need to to a sidequest for that and can buy a key for the sewers there.
however, I actually managed to fall down and survive it, right behind that npc in front of the jail cell.

Neoweee

Damn, I forgot about fat roll. Bloodborne spoiled me.
Also it's super weird that pyromancers need int and faith now.

It's Int+Faith, kind of.

DS1: No Scaling, or very limited Scaling?
DS2: Max(Faith, Int), basically supplemental to either Miracles or Sorcery, but way more useful to mix with Faith (both benefit a ton from ATT
DS3: Faith+ Int (Sort of, but not exactly?)

Plum

apparently you need to to a sidequest for that and can buy a key for the sewers there.
however, I actually managed to fall down and survive it, right behind that npc in front of the jail cell.

Yeah, I just managed to fall down easily enough. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom