• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

What other stats would you advise levelling? It is a good class for the long haul?

I dunno

In all the previous game the bulk of Pyromancy effectivness was determined by upgrading the pyromancy flame

Im not sure how the mechanics were changed for DS3 other than the stat descriptions mentioning Int/Faith affects pyromancy

Alucrid

Banned
we bloodborne now

5wBTTYh.gif

K' Dash

First the crashes near the bonfires and now the game won't even launch? What the FUCK From?

Failed to start app (missing executables) but I played a few hours ago, I verify the integrity of the game and it is now downloading the whole thing again.

Beautiful.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhhh

Well I decided to go with a familiar play-style and went with the sorcerer class, and first thing I noticed is that I need dexterity to UP my casting spell time, I'm already regretting my decision, seems like this game forces you to make use of a weapon at some capacity, all I want to make a true spell only run like in DS II, dammit From. :(

zma1013

First the crashes near the bonfires and now the game won't even launch? What the FUCK From?

Failed to start app (missing executables) but I played a few hours ago, I verify the integrity of the game and it is now downloading the whole thing again.

Beautiful.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhhh

The real Dark Souls starts... The real Dark Souls starts... The real Dark Souls starts here.

I have yet to find an NPC that sells Miracles. I found a Pyromancer and Sorceror. I am at
Farron Keep
, should I have found them by now?

Gave up waiting for a summon sign to appear and help with
Nameless King
, no embers left... fuck it.

And.. I kicked his ass. Kinda, 4 Estus left and the second phase seemed to be easier than all the times before. So happy!

Time for some pvp or NG+

Well I decided to go with a familiar play-style and went with the sorcerer class, and first thing I noticed is that I need dexterity to UP my casting spell time, I'm already regretting my decision, seems like this game forces you to make use of a weapon at some capacity, all I want to make a true spell only run like in DS II, dammit From. :(

Yeah the stat split along with how much souls you need to level up now.... makes building up tough early on

Mages need Attunement, Dex, Int and Faith

And likely want Vigor and some Vit as well

Tough to balance

Tenebrous

Mid/Late(???) game Estus check. I just got to the P
rofaned Capital, and have killed Aldrich and Pontiff Sulyvahn already.
I'm on Estus+6 with 10 charges. How does this compare to you guys? I'm not using a guide, so I've no idea whether I've missed a shit load or if I'm doing well... No idea how far into the game I am percentage-wise.

Neoweee

Do you ever increase the strength of Ashen / Estus Flasks or is it just number of uses?

It is a Copy-Paste of the Dark Souls 2 mechanic. You get Ash to toss in the main bonfire to level Estus power.

Mid/Late(???) game Estus check. I just got to the P
rofaned Capital, and have killed Aldrich and Pontiff Sulyvahn already.
I'm on Estus+6 with 10 charges. How does this compare to you guys? I'm not using a guide, so I've no idea whether I've missed a shit load or if I'm doing well... No idea how far into the game I am percentage-wise.

Sounds about right. There's probably 1 of each you could have just by a wild guess.

Lorcain

I felt like I lived up to my Deprived origin when I lured Mr. Katana into a combo that took both of us off the edge to our deaths. My guy doesn't care about dying, it's what he does. Respawn and run back to collect my loot.

Now my Deprived doesn't just have ratty looking underwear, he has a strip of rotten potato sack to cover a sliver of his chest, and some rotten t-shirts for hand wraps. Someday he will look back with nostalgia on how it all started.

Please help... I was just in firelink shrine, and was dicking around. I jumped from the higher level onto the transposition guy (Ludleth) and accidently must of clicked attack and killed him. What can I do? Do I have to restart the game?

Orcastar

I have yet to find an NPC that sells Miracles. I found a Pyromancer and Sorceror. I am at
Farron Keep
, should I have found them by now?
You missed 'em.

The miracle vendor can be found in
the Undead Settlement. Buy the Grave Key from the item vendor in Firelink, then go to the sewer.

Ravager61

Is there a place to buy titanite shards early in the game? They seem pretty stingy with them as drops so far and I'm about 4 bosses deep in the game.

Navy Bean

Does pyromancy need investment into those stats to make it good or can it be used for a melee class as an alternative magic like past games?

pyro is strong as a supplement if you just level the hand and throw a few points into either INT or FTH plus the pyro rings... Get the
great chaos fire orb
and that's all you need. Obviously, this won't work quite as well if pyro is your main.

I re-rolled on one character and dumped everything into FTH, then used a lightning gem on my weapon (levels with FTH) and you have a very strong combination. Problem is it's really late game before the blacksmith can infuse lightning so it's really a NG+ build. Or, find a fth scaling weapon you like early which I didn't

brainslug

Wow, I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
is the best-looking area this far, really liking the design. Though the area boss is kicking my ass.. =/

Is there a place to buy titanite shards early in the game? They seem pretty stingy with them as drops so far and I'm about 4 bosses deep in the game.

Hollows in the frist area drop them rarely... yeah Titanite is a problem early game and you need double the amount you used to...

hughesta

Banned
Potential end game spoilers, only click if you really don't care:

Does killing Horace after meeting Anri in Ithryll loxk you out of the true ending? The guide I followed said it had to be before, but Anri still showed up in the church.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I really did miss a huge part of the game lol. I'm guessing a lot of people will be doing the same backtrack over the next couple of days :D

Skii

There's a message saying there's an illusonary wall in front of me in high wall of lothric. Just after the area with the knight that has a spear. Is it lying? I press A but it just reads the message lol.

hughesta

Banned
There's a message saying there's an illusonary wall in front of me in high wall of lothric. Just after the area with the knight that has a spear. Is it lying? I press A but it just reads the message lol.
Walls are removed by hitting them in this one. I think it's lying, but I may have just missed it.

Cat Party

Keep pushing A. It'll work, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom